Wow. Have you noticed the HUGE amount of stuff for sale here lately?

-
I try to give away stuff when I can. There are things here to fit the cars that I don't own and don't plan to buy to fix up. I love the Darts and Dusters so when I find something (in the attic, shed or yard) for them specifically, I want to keep them.
This forum has been a great asset when in between car shows and swaps. Stuff you'd have to wait for months to become available can sometimes be found right here.
For those that show concern about shipping costs:
Maybe consider that when you go to car shows and swap meets, you're driving to get there, sometimes paying to enter and then there are Motel charges too. All of that could be factored in to the cost of that part you bought.
I always shrug off the cost of going to car shows because they entertain me. At the same time, I shake my head at people spending crazy amounts to see some band. In reality, all of it is entertainment and if you're spending your own money, nobody should blame you for what you like.
To the point: If you add up the cost of fuel, missed work, admission fees and motels, THEN the price of that intake/axle shaft/wiper arm, then shipping isn't such a bad deal.

One thing I do like at this site is the ease to IGNORE the sales ads if you want. If I’m wanting to scroll through the thread lists, sometimes the ads take up half the page. Again, this is excellent for those on the hunt for parts. Otherwise, they can clutter up the page and the option to hide them is nice to have.

I hate to be the one to say it but sometimes the scrap pile is easier than dealing with people.

I don't like junking good stuff but more often than not, the bullshit exceeds the greed and I have used the scrap pile to clean out. The scrap company won't try to lowball you, won't hit on you, won't try to rob you, won't try to check out your other stuff that is not for sale, or anything else that is just a waste of time. you get your weight ticket and go to the kiosk and get your soda money and drive away with a load off.

The Band.....one of my favorites!

-
Back