Wrecker Parts List

-

HardVG

Reaction score
I have a complete MY08 SRT8 wagon that I will be extracting the motor from for my swap. My questions is what else can I use from the car. I'm assuming PCM (after reflash), engine wiring harness and drive by wire pedal assembly for a start, but can I use things like the factory radiator and thermo fans, gauges, ect.

At this stage I will be using the TF auto transmission.

I have a buyer for the shell so need to get it stripped out for them and don't want to leave any goodies behind.

Can I actually pull enough stuff to run the engine out of the car without buying any aftermarket EMS type stuff. Might be a while before it goes into the car so it would be nice to be able to fire it up every now and then.

Here is a decent thread to get you started. When I talked to Dave about this build he has said If you can pull every bit of wiring from stem to stern along with the computers you will be way ahead. From there you can pare it down to what you truly need. I started with everything form firewall forward and recently have gotten back in to trimming down the harness to what I really need to make it run. Waiting on the pin removal tool for the ECM connectors to come in to make it pretty.

Well in answer to one of my questions, it looks like the 300C radiator will fit quite nicely into the a-body engine bay. Might need to shave the left hand frame rail lip a little bit for radiator hose clearance. Certainly opens up the possibility of retaining the factory electric fans and radiator hoses, would also allow use of the factory AC condensor and transmission oil cooler arrangement.

Looking forward to seeing what you make work! Sorry I'm no help on this- I got everything I used from the engine harness only, but I'm using megasquirt

-
Back