Wrong Bellhousing?

-

ckj688

Reaction score
Ok, the number on my input shaft is C13212-1

the number on my bellhousing is #3743859

I went to mate the bellhousing up to the transmission and found that it didn't slide over the outside of the input shaft that easy...well, actually not at all...how tight to these things fit? Do they slip on or is it hard to press them on?

Thanks
Craig

Ok, the number on my input shaft is C13212-1

the number on my bellhousing is #3743859

I went to mate the bellhousing up to the transmission and found that it didn't slide over the outside of the input shaft that easy...well, actually not at all...how tight to these things fit? Do they slip on or is it hard to press them on?

Thanks
Craig

Mine is real tight too, I'm going to clean it up with a flap wheel. I measured mine with a micrometer, and my bearing retainer is a little bigger, probably paint thickness. Where did you end up getting your bellhousing?

I ended up pulling the trigger on the one on eBay. I definitely know the opening is over 5"...so I guess if I try hard enough, it SHOULD fit on, lol

I think its normal Mine was tight enough that I had to actually pull it up tight with longer bolts and then replace them with the original bolts for tightening them.

I think its normal Mine was tight enough that I had to actually pull it up tight with longer bolts and then replace them with the original bolts for tightening them.

Be careful with that or you could break the ear off the transmission. It shouldn't be that hard get together.

I say you have either paint or rust build up, clean everything real good and it should fit.
Do not use the transmission bolts to pull it together.

-
Back