Wrong choice for my 76 Duster's radiator replacement?

-

lordolunch

Reaction score
Hey again everyone,

This is my first time working with a radiator in anything, and my poor ole Dusty's stock one was rusted out in spots and leaking like crazy. I'll get pics and upload later.

Question is, did I make a bad choice on my replacement? The link below is what I ended up ordering, and it's a tight fit that's going to require a bit of drilling. What do you all usually consider when choosing a replacement? I'm sure it's going to cool my 360 like a beast over the stock, but it does go against the stock look I've been trying to keep.

Cold Case Radiators MOP750A Cold Case Direct-Fit Aluminum Radiators | Summit Racing

813F895E-D739-4937-9268-DF56A2C442E3.JPG

8CB341BC-6D65-486A-85CD-33E06903D6AF.JPG

88E3D7FB-BE5C-4D25-8419-BDCF084768C7.JPG

I used a cold case in mine. It is thicker (closer to the fan), so that can be an issue. I think I had one bolt that didn’t line up.

Your shroud will bolt up, but may be about a half inch away from the radiator, so I don’t know how much good it will do that way. If you search on here you will find a lot of info. I think there is even a thread on cold case shrouds. I modified mine to fit better, but it was a lot of work.

I think that cold case is a high quality product with good customer support. They are fairly priced in my opinion. However, they are not exactly the same as the stock radiator, so you need to be aware of the differences.

I run a Cold Case. I like it better than my 3 core Champion. Any large 2 core or small 3 or 4 core radiators have a core that is thicker then stock and presents some sealing issues with the factory shroud and whichever fan spacer be it solid or thermostatic will be too long. My 340 is far from stock and at .060 over the Cold Case keeps it at 180f.

I used a cold case in mine. It is thicker (closer to the fan), so that can be an issue. I think I had one bolt that didn’t line up.

Your shroud will bolt up, but may be about a half inch away from the radiator, so I don’t know how much good it will do that way. If you search on here you will find a lot of info. I think there is even a thread on cold case shrouds. I modified mine to fit better, but it was a lot of work.

I think that cold case is a high quality product with good customer support. They are fairly priced in my opinion. However, they are not exactly the same as the stock radiator, so you need to be aware of the differences.

So, it ended up fitting, but pretty tightly and I had trouble getting the shroud back on. It sounds like quite a few just skip on the shroud, so I'm gonna try it for now. Thanks for providing your experience with it man.
5A6C5057-F052-43EC-80A5-8F6834F0D5EF.JPG

I run a Cold Case. I like it better than my 3 core Champion. Any large 2 core or small 3 or 4 core radiators have a core that is thicker then stock and presents some sealing issues with the factory shroud and whichever fan spacer be it solid or thermostatic will be too long. My 340 is far from stock and at .060 over the Cold Case keeps it at 180f.
Nice man, this is a 360, so I'm hoping the additional size will help cool that bad boy. I bet that 340 is sweet

-
Back