[WANTED] WTB 3445379 or 2482852 trunk weatherstrip

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
70 b body. The first number is the exact number cut to fit. The second is the generic numbered material on a roll

Thank you for your reply. Not sure the profile matches my 1970 but I will try and confirm that asap.

Something I found interesting on the trunk seal on my 67 dart. It seems to be a formed seal. Rather than a roll of seal applied. The reason I believe it to be formed is there are part numbers on the rubber of the seal and it has evidence of casting / tooling marks.

Does this profile match

Screenshot_20230104-134218.png

That does look like that profile, as I recall. I know that the 3445379 is an actual formed seal for that specific body type. The 2482852, on the other hand, comes on a roll and was merely cut to length and glued on to fit. I have been told that both types were used on the lines but who knows what to believe after all these years???

Something I found interesting on the trunk seal on my 67 dart. It seems to be a formed seal. Rather than a roll of seal applied. The reason I believe it to be formed is there are part numbers on the rubber of the seal and it has evidence of casting / tooling marks.
Came off a roll on the assembly line. Here's the OE from my Bee. Probably die formed in a 6 foot open/close extruder. I think the # only showed twice on mine, maybe 3 times.
beerestoration2015 506.JPG

beerestoration2015 508.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back