-
Status
Not open for further replies.

71twister3bytheknee6

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Before I got the proper pulley puller,I damaged my 1969 Dart single V alternator pulley.If you have one hanging around,and it's true,I'd buy it off you.I would rather not have the whole alt.,because of the shipping costs.Thanks.

Before I got the proper pulley puller,I damaged my 1969 Dart single V alternator pulley.If you have one hanging around,and it's true,I'd buy it off you.I would rather not have the whole alt.,because of the shipping costs.Thanks.

for what you would pay for a pulley, and shipping you can get a whole rebuilt alternator for, there only a little over $40 new

I did buy one for $51,and that included shipping,and put it on the car.I guess I wanted this old one in store,since I think all that was wrong with it was the front bearing was dry.It seems much less noisy now,but I won't know for sure until I put it back on the car.I would replace the front bearing,but then I have to go somewhere to have it pressed on,along with the pulley.Your right,I'll spend twice as much trying to repair it than buying a remanufactured one,but it's a hobby to me,and I'm learning,and want to become more proficient.And the car is a 100% survivor.Thanks for your advice,Rich.

I did buy one for $51,and that included shipping,and put it on the car.I guess I wanted this old one in store,since I think all that was wrong with it was the front bearing was dry.It seems much less noisy now,but I won't know for sure until I put it back on the car.I would replace the front bearing,but then I have to go somewhere to have it pressed on,along with the pulley.Your right,I'll spend twice as much trying to repair it than buying a remanufactured one,but it's a hobby to me,and I'm learning,and want to become more proficient.And the car is a 100% survivor.Thanks for your advice,Rich.

even with a survivor car I'm sure that alternator has been changed at least twice since new, but if it still works then wait until it dies to replace it

If not, I bought one on ebay last year for about $10 brand new. Used it for a Nippondenso serpentine belt alternator swap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back