-
Status
Not open for further replies.

motorcitydak

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I’m toying with the idea of building a driver ole mopar. I’m interested in 66-70 cars with decent aftermarket support. Thinking something like a dart or fastback barracuda. Also satellites, Belvederes, etc. 68 is highly preferred and 2 door is a must just for my preference. Closer to Detroit the better. I have an engine, trans and rear axle just sitting around and would be happy to find something to throw it into. Budget depends on the car but around 2-3k at the moment. Just wanting a cool car I can daily and have fun as a little project with the kids.

Maybe cars are just more expensive in the South than in your area but for a 68' model car that is popular at all here at your budget it's a total project. I paid $2900 for my 68' Dart and have spent $6k more in just weeks and it's far from finished. All I can find here are rollers that need everything. Now if you go to 73' up 6 cyl. cars you can find a deal that might work. Interested to see what you find........

Yeah, do some research on what vehicle you're looking for on parts. MiddleNameDart is right, 73 and up are easier to find parts. I have a 73 Dart Sport and so far things are for the most part findable. Though if I had a choice to start over, I'd look for a Duster. For some reason there's more of them out there.

So far I’ve found slant 6 cars that run and drive for 3500 within a few hours. A 2 door promising barn find for 4500 and a few b bodies that are rollers for around 3-4K. Haven’t found something I’ve brought home yet tho. One thing I’ve been looking into is just the aftermarket support. I don’t want to have a hard time finding replacement glass or metal should I need it.

I’m just finishing up a really long build on a custom 68 Charger so I’ve been pretty spoiled when it comes to needing new parts. One issue there is I ended up with a car that’s really nice and I won’t drive regularly. Just don’t want to end up with something I can’t fix up if needed. Also I want something a bit ratty that I can have fun with.

The only 71-74 cars I’ve ever liked was the barracuda and demon. I know I won’t find one of those. I remember I nearly bought a demon for $700 in the late 2000’s…..

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back