-
Status
Not open for further replies.

hiteser

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I am in the need of a gearshift cable that will connect a 70s style 904 transmission case to a 65 Dart GT floor shifter. any help will be greatly appreciated.

pm me

No such part exists now or in the past. Your only hope is to install the 70's floor shifter in your dart or switch to a column shift.

http://www.imperialservices.net/

1960-1965 Pushbutton, Console, and Column Shifter Conversion Cable Kits

These cable kits allow the use of your stock '62-'64 Pushbutton or '65 Console or column shifter with a '66-up transmission. All conversion kits feature our Heavy Duty shift cables with Binder Wire Technology. Includes Heavy Duty cable; stainless steel lower bracket and shift lever, lightweight spring for valve body detent, all required hardware, and comprehensive installation guide

. * Pushbutton conversions require sending your pushbutton control unit, shift cable bracket, and park lever to Imperial Services for modification. Accepted for conversion November 1 to March 1 only. Allow 4-6 weeks for pushbutton conversions.

Shifter Conversions
1960-1964 Pushbutton Kit * IS-354

>
1965 Console Kit IS-357

>
1965 Column Kit IS-358

>

Column and Console kits $160 plus shipping

Pushbutton kits $395 plus shipping

(*see text above for important information on pushbutton kits)

I am in the need of a gearshift cable that will connect a 70s style 904 transmission case to a 65 Dart GT floor shifter. any help will be greatly appreciated.

pm me

I am in the process of this very conversion and will know exactly what to do in a few more days. The shifter cable will be a readily avail one and the same with the bracket for the trans end of the cable. The shifter end will require a small bracket that I am in the process of designing and test-fitting.

The price to do the conversion will be less than $90. Also I have machined a custom knob for the shifter, just to modernize the shifter a bit, **see pics**

DSCN1982.JPG

DSCN1984.JPG

DSCN1986.JPG

I am in the process of this very conversion and will know exactly what to do in a few more days. The shifter cable will be a readily avail one and the same with the bracket for the trans end of the cable. The shifter end will require a small bracket that I am in the process of designing and test-fitting.

The price to do the conversion will be less than $90. Also I have machined a custom knob for the shifter, just to modernize the shifter a bit, **see pics**

Any updates??? I need help :)

I was wondering if you finished this process and if you could provide me with any picutres, help or advice on how to deal with this on my 65 barrcuda project.

Thanks!

http://www.imperialservices.net/

1960-1965 Pushbutton, Console, and Column Shifter Conversion Cable Kits

These cable kits allow the use of your stock '62-'64 Pushbutton or '65 Console or column shifter with a '66-up transmission. All conversion kits feature our Heavy Duty shift cables with Binder Wire Technology. Includes Heavy Duty cable; stainless steel lower bracket and shift lever, lightweight spring for valve body detent, all required hardware, and comprehensive installation guide

. * Pushbutton conversions require sending your pushbutton control unit, shift cable bracket, and park lever to Imperial Services for modification. Accepted for conversion November 1 to March 1 only. Allow 4-6 weeks for pushbutton conversions.

Shifter Conversions
1960-1964 Pushbutton Kit * IS-354

>
1965 Console Kit IS-357

>
1965 Column Kit IS-358

>

Column and Console kits $160 plus shipping

Pushbutton kits $395 plus shipping

(*see text above for important information on pushbutton kits)

hmpf.. just stay a way from the idea to buy a cable from them... have a look at my postings (or use forums search with keywords like Imperial Service, shifter cable etc.) - just lost about 400 dollars, and all i have is a piece of crab in my hands. just a warning, before you also burn your money

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back