Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyper_pak

Old School Chrysler Fan
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Contact seller
I want to buy a Hurst Ram Rod 4 speed shifter. Not the Mr Gasket Vertical Gate that is marked Hurst. The Ram Rod shifter body looks like a regular 4 speed housing. I want a A Body shifter but I am open to any Mopar application. Here is a picture of Ram Rod. PM me, I am in DFW Texas area. Thanks!

Attachments

• Hurst_RAM_ROD_MY_OLD_ONE.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 308
I just bought one of these shifters from a friend of mine, and it has straight shift rods ( except the reverse rod of course) that are about 1/2 inch in dia. Do you know if the rods are original to it?? My friend had it in his dart many years ago and removed it before he sold it, and it has been in his cellar for years. I,m thinking about installing it in my 340 duster.

yea they are straight for 1-2 and 3-4. should be real beefy, it's a race shifter.

yeah these rods are the beefiest rods I have ever seen. I figured they probably came with it but was not positive. Thanks.

Those things are nasty, I had one in my 70 duster and hated it. I could shift better with the regular comp plus unit. I had to trim the opening too. They are heavy and bulky to shift and fingers get pinched on the little tee handle, the reverse lever was too short.............. Sorry I know you didn't ask my opinion but I had to pass that on.

I have one , but I can't remember if the rods are with it. I will take a look& let you know

Got a hold of him, what a peach! "I would like $600 toward a new shifter" So would I dude, so would I.

Sorry for the bad lead. I think I sold mine for $125. I guess I should have kept it, it must be collectable!

Sorry for the bad lead. I think I sold mine for $125. I guess I should have kept it, it must be collectable!

No man thanks for the lead, you just never know. Some people collect CASH. I had bought one from FABO for 25o but it was a V Gate so I sold it. I don't really want to buy one for a muncie and have to get the mounts and linkage. It's out there. I had one in my barracuda and I really liked it. I am going to run it in my Colt with an aluminum 833, needs to be old school!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back