-
Status
Not open for further replies.

danmc77

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Contact seller
I need a small block ballstud and bracket for the bellhousing side for an overdrive tranny.

Also need a z-bar/torque shaft for a small block.

PM me - thanks!

I need a small block ballstud and bracket for the bellhousing side for an overdrive tranny.

Also need a z-bar/torque shaft for a small block.

PM me - thanks!

Not 100% sure but I thought those parts were the same for a regular 4 speed or an OD unit. I got those parts from brewers when I got all my other 4speed stuff and I don't think I had to tell them what tranny I was using. Others will chime in for the cheapest place to buy them. I just went with brewers becuase I needed a bunch of other parts to

I'm pretty sure the z-bar is the same for all the small block a bodies - at least the year I'm working with.

But the little bracket that attaches the ballstud to the bellhousing is unique to the OD tranny - I'm pretty sure. I saw it listed at Brewer's, but I figured I might be able to get a used one cheap rather than spend $35 or $40 bucks on a new one.

In 72 the position of the mounting holes on the side of the bell housing for the z-bar ball stud moved slightly. When the ball stud bracket for the older position is bolted to the newer bell housing the z-bar sits at an angle up and towards the back of the car on the bell housing side. It works but will bind up and the clutch will hang up when the motor is torqued against the motor mounts.

The correct backet is available from Brewers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back