Status
Not open for further replies.

1972DusterPaul

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Contact seller
Hello,
Looking for the clips for the 2" wide rocker molding used on a 1970-1972 Duster or Demon.

I also believe some 1970 & 1971 Darts used the same molding.

I will take any that I can get but really I need enough to do one side of the car.

Let me know if you have some you can spare or have a source for them.

Thanks for looking,
Paul

i got mine from my local autobody supply shop. if you have one you can show them...they should be able to match them up.

I had been to RT Specialties website and didn't see any.

I have been to a number of websites and the only place I saw some listed was Jim's Auto Parts. I am not quite ready to pay $70 yet...

Thanks,
Paul

dance on kitty cats...
cat3.gif
cat4.gif

Not more dancing cats!!!! Check r/t specialties

i didn t pay much for mine. can t remember now, but seems like 15 bucks for a whole bag or something along those lines. i ll look in the garage tomorrow. i might still have a couple.

i didn t pay much for mine. can t remember now, but seems like 15 bucks for a whole bag or something along those lines. i ll look in the garage tomorrow. i might still have a couple.

i still need 14 for my car i v e been to napa car quest auto body shops r/t spec. a few others the clips are 1 13/16 wide b/e @a sells the repops rocker mounding but no clips i talk to mike and gave him 3 prime clips to make new ones at the nats and when i call him hes working on them thats all i get ......... scamps have the same clips on them up to 72 they are two typs wide one and a skinnie one you can buy the skinnie clips everywhere go figure help us ..................................

I looked at my clips last night and they are a mish-mash of modified clips (all wrong ones)...and the rocker moldings were pretty much held on by gobs of silicone using the clips to kind of center them on the studs.

So I bit the bullet and placed an order with Jim's Auto Parts...although the person on the line couldn't tell me if they were in stock or not.

They must be a mom and pop outfit (with mom answering the phone)...so I guess I will have to wait and see if they are even available.

If anyone had a picture of an original clip for me to see, that would be great.

Paul

Old thread but here is a pic of the original clips off a '71 Duster.

Has anyone bought the clips from Jim's yet?

Attachments

• RockerMoldingClips.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 215
Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back