Status
Not open for further replies.

chavezychavez

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Contact seller
Guys,
I am trying to help out the wifes cousin buy his first car he really wants a mopar prefers a 60's barracuda but open to anything.

Now we are not talking trophys here just something a 16 year old can work on and learn with and not a total rust bucket.

It needs to at least run to get him back and forth to school and his part time job.

Prefer as well 2 door 6 cylinder or V-8 is fine just not a piece of junk.

Now wait for it wait for it his budget is $5,000.

Also he live is Edmond,OK. just north Of Oklahoma City I will be helping him with this purchase so let me know what you have and where you are located at.
Thanks Matt

buy the 1966 wagon -- listed on here -- that car is a steal at 5500- looks to be a great car----

Or if you are wanting something closer a guy in se kansas has a decent 65 valiant -- 2 door -- for roughly $1600.
Good luck-- you have choice-- buyers' market!!

Lawrence

I bought my 73 Duster for $2500 earlier this year. It was running, driving, registered, with zero perforation. Just surface rust where the paint burned off of the horizontal surfaces. There are some awesome deals on the very early and very late a bodies. More of the later cars come better equipped for drivers (disk brake, P/S, etc). I have probably about 5k into it as it sits, and drive it everywhere. That includes paying to ship it cross country.

You came to the right place.
Theres plenty out there.
Good luck.

I'm too far away but I was thinking about selling my 68 Barracuda for under that price, unless I put in the disc brake, rebuilt front end swap and the mild 360 I have for it. Then I'd probably be trying to get about $6500-$7000 Personally I would recommend a Duster for him. The mechanics of it all is the same but people almost will give you Duster parts where the 67-69 Barracuda stuff must be made of gold. I personally have some good 73 duster stuff, fender, doors, trim, etc. that I would give to somebody like your kid to help out somebody getting started.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back