Status
Not open for further replies.

BigWilson87

70 Plum Crazy Dart
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
I'm interested in any slant six speed parts. I've been looking at getting a four barrel intake, a set of headers, and possibly a cool looking valve cover. However, I will look at any speed parts you guys have to offer. So please, if you can help, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks, Andrew

I'm interested in any slant six speed parts. I've been looking at getting a four barrel intake, a set of headers, and possibly a cool looking valve cover. However, I will look at any speed parts you guys have to offer. So please, if you can help, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks, Andrew

ebay or a swap meets u ca usually get an offy intake for cheap

headers are harder to find but frank sells them

offy/clifford make a cast V/C but i think thats it

Yeah I was just at the Daytona Turkey Run and two guys had Offy 4 bbl intakes, but one guy wanted $225 and the other wanted $275. To me, that seems kind of high. I mean, I could get a v8 intake for less than that. Also, could you tell me how to get in touch with Frank? And the valve covers are hard to come by and when you do find them, they're usually upwards of $175. I guess I'll have to either stick with the stock valve cover or go with a cheap chrome one off ebay.

You'll hear the name "Clifford" come up, but be very careful before you decide to spend any money with Clifford. They have a long and ugly reputation for being a bunch of clowns; see for example here, here, here, here, and here. Much of what they sell is inaccurately described, and a lot of it is not even slightly cost-effective. The good news is that you don't need to go to Clifford to get hot rod parts for slant-6s; there are lots of other, better options. See for example Dutra Duals and header options discussed in this thread and this one, Erson custom cams, HEI ignition upgrade, Mike Jeffreys windage trays, Hurricane intakes, other exotic intakes. Hi-perf engine buildup here, high-perf parts and build info here.

You'll hear the name "Clifford" come up, but be very careful before you decide to spend any money with Clifford. They have a long and ugly reputation for being a bunch of clowns; see for example here, here, here, here, and here. Much of what they sell is inaccurately described, and a lot of it is not even slightly cost-effective. The good news is that you don't need to go to Clifford to get hot rod parts for slant-6s; there are lots of other, better options. See for example Dutra Duals and header options discussed in this thread and this one, Erson custom cams, HEI ignition upgrade, Mike Jeffreys windage trays, Hurricane intakes, other exotic intakes. Hi-perf engine buildup here, high-perf parts and build info here.

i think erson went under because i can never get thru to john or anybody...

Schneider will make custom cams as well as comp i think...

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back