-
Status
Not open for further replies.

KB9GIB

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I’m looking for some 72 A Body (Demon) vinyl top trim (clips) I have call every dealer that sells clips and I
C3FF0F9D-9115-4810-B08D-EA7B559AF968.jpeg
can’t seem to get the right ones. the one on the left is what they say will work but they are to narrow. The one on the right is a original clip. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks KB9GIB

Last edited:
That is not what I wanted to here. Did you happen to try the ones off of a charger? Thanks KB9GIB

Need to find someone with a 3D printer.

Good luck, I've been looking over a year for those clips for my demon. No luck!

Oh great, I just bought those newer ones thinking they would work. Just another problem I will have to address down the road on my 72 project. I am putting in new pins so maybe they will spread out those clips enough to work. Will check that theory soon.

Oh great, I just bought those newer ones thinking they would work. Just another problem I will have to address down the road on my 72 project. I am putting in new pins so maybe they will spread out those clips enough to work. Will check that theory soon.
Maybe you will have better luck the ones my son ordered just was to small. At 1st they looked like they would work but we was not installing them right. we had the little ears inside the chrome but the ears set on top that way the chrome will not hit the paint we Finally received some that I cut down and made them work. Good luck and if you need any help getting some to fit let me know. Thanks KB9GIB

I lucked out and bought a whole box of clips that came from a Chrysler dealership that did body work in the 60's-80's. These clips were for crash parts that no longer had the welded stud so you screwed them fast to the new panel. Great find.

IMG_2209.JPG

IMG_2210.JPG

I lucked out and bought a whole box of clips that came from a Chrysler dealership that did body work in the 60's-80's. These clips were for crash parts that no longer had the welded stud so you screwed them fast to the new panel. Great find.
Yes good find. I had to cut some down to make them work. If you want to sell any let me know be nice to have the right ones. Thanks KB9GIB
View attachment 1715475002

View attachment 1715475003

Maybe you will have better luck the ones my son ordered just was to small. At 1st they looked like they would work but we was not installing them right. we had the little ears inside the chrome but the ears set on top that way the chrome will not hit the paint we Finally received some that I cut down and made them work. Good luck and if you need any help getting some to fit let me know. Thanks KB9GIB

Well, finally checked mine out as well. The ones I bought don't work either. The new pins fit the clips but the plastic clips aren't wide enough. My car was a vinyl top car but the metal roof was toast so I replaced it a couple years ago. Don't remember how many pins were on each side. I think there were 5 each. I'd like to use the pins before paint soon but if I have to, the screws will be plan B. Now, just need the clips that work.

100_1917.JPG

Well, finally checked mine out as well. The ones I bought don't work either. The new pins fit the clips but the plastic clips aren't wide enough. My car was a vinyl top car but the metal roof was toast so I replaced it a couple years ago. Don't remember how many pins were on each side. I think there were 5 each. I'd like to use the pins before paint soon but if I have to, the screws will be plan B. Now, just need the clips that work.

View attachment 1715475871
Give me this week I’ll have to go to Kentucky I live in Illinois I’ll try to get down there and pick some clips up I’ll get them to you I have your address my son sent you a bezel Saturday. Thanks KB9GIB

Give me this week I’ll have to go to Kentucky I live in Illinois I’ll try to get down there and pick some clips up I’ll get them to you I have your address my son sent you a bezel Saturday. Thanks KB9GIB

Your not by any chance going to the indoor Louisville swap meet next weekend? I'll be there next Saturday at the Fair Grounds. Small world! Thanks

Your not by any chance going to the indoor Louisville swap meet next weekend? I'll be there next Saturday at the Fair Grounds. Small world! Thanks
Hopefully my son and I will be there I think it’s 1st weekend in March? it’s about 5hrs for us. I’ll let you know if we are I’ll just bring them along. Thanks KB9GIB

Hopefully my son and I will be there I think it’s 1st weekend in March? it’s about 5hrs for us. I’ll let you know if we are I’ll just bring them along. Thanks KB9GIB

It's the 29th of February and 1st of March. I'll be there on the 29th, this Saturday.

It's the 29th of February and 1st of March. I'll be there on the 29th, this Saturday.
Sorry I was thinking you was talking about the Indy cylinder head mopar swap meet March 07/ We will not be going to Louisville show as I cannot get off work that weekend. thanks KB9GIB

Sorry I was thinking you was talking about the Indy cylinder head mopar swap meet March 07/ We will not be going to Louisville show as I cannot get off work that weekend. thanks KB9GIB

That's ok, I just assumed since you said you were going to Kentucky.

That's ok, I just assumed since you said you were going to Kentucky.
We live in extreme Illinois and Ky is about 45 minutes away I would have bought more clips when I was down there but I wasn’t 100% sure I could make them work. The ones I got I trimmed them down a little and they work. I have called every dealer and no one had anything that would work. But we are good to go now. I’ll let you know when I send them out to you. Thanks KB9GIB

I bought a set of these clips on ebay.
They are used on the barracuda, duster, dart, and 71 demon.
My trim had one on each side. (72 Demon)
I'm going to use them instead of the plastic ones.
You just need to install them before installing the headliner.
Just might work!

s-l500.jpg

I bought a set of these clips on ebay.
They are used on the barracuda, duster, dart, and 71 demon.
My trim had one on each side. (72 Demon)
I'm going to use them instead of the plastic ones.
You just need to install them before installing the headliner.
Just might work!

View attachment 1715478591
I finally found some that works I had to trim them down a little bit they fit good and snug. But I did think about using the 71 style till I found these. KB9GIB

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back