[WANTED] Wtb

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Offenhauser didn't make the Drag Star. Weiand did. They also never made one for 8 carburetors, only 6. I've never seen one from Offenhauser, though I am sure they made one. Have you thought about a U-Fab intake?

Offenhauser didn't make the Drag Star. Weiand did. They also never made one for 8 carburetors, only 6. I've never seen one from Offenhauser, though I am sure they made one. Have you thought about a U-Fab intake?

Weiand did in fact make an 8x2 Drag Star, part # was WC8. They also made a 6x2, part # --wait for it-- WC6. I'm going to go out on a limb and say they didn't make a ton of the WC8's. I've only seen pictures of a few of them, and I've only ever seen a couple for sale.

100_3946copy_zps8ec57f99.jpg

100_4136copy_zps711e442d.jpg

Offenhauser made both 6x2 and 8x2 manifolds for the Chrysler hemi's. Too bad you didn't post the add up about a year ago, I had this NOS Offy 8x2 I sold. Decided I wasn't going to build a Chrysler hemi wild enough to need 8 carbs, so I sold the 8x2 and kept the 6x2. There was a guy that was selling a few over on the HAMB and eBay, but I don't think Offy is still making them. Seemed like NOS stuff from the 70's that came out of an older speed shop. But I could be wrong. I know they didn't have them listed on their website last time I checked. The guy that I bought both my 8x2 and 6x2 from goes by username straight8buick on eBay, although he doesn't seem to have any listed anymore.

IMG_3260_zps2b905c9a.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back