WTF is this thing

-

player1up

Reaction score
OK GURUS.... what is this thing under the dash..
I followed the line (brake Line) through the fire wall and it connects to the master cyl.
the car had a hitch and a trailer harness (and electrical problems) when I bought it.
Is this a brake assist of some sort or what.. I'm clueless...only about this :sign6:

wt_duster (Small).JPG

wt_duster2 (Small).JPG

I believe you're correct, part of an aftermarket towing "package"

OK to get rid of it I just pull the lines to the M/C and remove the splitter and yank wires from dash... right....or should I check proporp valve and entire system...
ooooo or could I convert it to like a line lock :) JK

Oh buy the way it doesn't seem to do anything at all except look like crap

its a electrical brake assist.. you can set it to add or reduce power to a trailer.. mostly found in trucks and vans that tow a heavy load. you can buy them at any auto parts store.. pretty useful, mind you absolutely horrid on a mopar.. remove it.. its only a wire in kinda deal so you can remove it without too many issues.

player1up said:
OK to get rid of it I just pull the lines to the M/C and remove the splitter and yank wires from dash... right....or should I check proporp valve and entire system...
ooooo or could I convert it to like a line lock :) JK

Oh buy the way it doesn't seem to do anything at all except look like crap

If you wanted to trailer your Hemi Charger to a car show, it just might
be worth keeping the brake controller, and the hitch. ;)

You never saw a brake controller before?

Hmm, you should go camping sometime. :)

I think this is what theu called a mico lock used to apply parking brakes on trailers with hyd brakes, usually used with kinda heavy towing stuff. I have sold these before,
but it has been a long time ago.

HAHAHA.. I've "seen" a brake controller before. I live in FL so not alot of hills to need brake controllers... this is my 3rd duster and this one has some strange options.
Not looking to keep THAT much of the history :wack:

That looks like a Kelsey-Hayes brand brake controller. Those hyd type controllers were the best kind of controller in my oppinion, but you can't use them with anti-lock brakes. That's why all the new ones are electronic/delay type / or pendulum type.

-
Back