WTH !!! Cover motors up or sale um !

-

SS Lancer

Reaction score
Well saved this jewel , do the hobby a favor if u cant keep a deserving motor preserved ( SALE IT ) .
I cant believe someone would let a 340 of any year to get in this condition. Main bearings were 0.10 so I guess someone has been in it before but getting it Baked & Blasted so it should look alot better .

Screenshot_2018-04-20-12-59-52-1-1.png

20180718_140507.jpg

Well the thing IS 1/2 century old.....................Stuff does happen.........Not defending..................

Well the thing IS 1/2 century

old.....................Stuff does happen.........Not defending..................

I understand , I know where a W-Series motor the bigger one is setting in back of a broke down truck in a field not covered guy said he is going to rebuild it but I bet its never done.

I understand , I know where a W-Series motor the bigger one is setting in back of a broke down truck in a field not covered guy said he is going to rebuild it but I bet its never done.

W series ??

My buddy bought 2 340 blocks last year. One is machined, fresh, and COVERED in grease. The 2nd block is rusty and crusty. Not sure that its useable. Same person owned both of them for years.

My buddy bought 2 340 blocks last year. One is machined, fresh, and COVERED in grease. The 2nd block is rusty and crusty. Not sure that its useable. Same person owned both of them for years.
Yes I hope I can save this one .
I traded a # 6630 440 block already cleaned and checked for this block and steel crank .
I had to beat the flexplate off because they left the bellhousing area setting in dirt its not that hard to preserve a engine tarps are cheap.

Just went to a yard in Minnesota and the guy had two complete 440's, ran when pulled, one was a '69. The air cleaner wing nut was up on one, allowing water to funnel into the carb, intake and parts yonder.

The other was sitting with the breather yanked out and dangling, valve cover open to the elements.

Dumbasses.

Just went to a yard in Minnesota and the guy had two complete 440's, ran when pulled, one was a '69. The air cleaner wing nut was up on one, allowing water to funnel into the carb, intake and parts yonder.

The other was sitting with the breather yanked out and dangling, valve cover open to the elements.

Dumbasses.

Amen on that !!

Friend of mine has 4 hemis and various parts stored in his garage. No plans to use them or sell them. Just sitting there.

I had a friend who had a nice fresh machine crank in the corner of his garage , for his 440 6 pac motor. 6 yr project ... went to lay the crank in and found the entire side of the crank that faced the wall had rusted.

Too many big blocks in the wrecking yards that asswipes pulled crabs from and never covered the flange as the asswipes that gofer the yards never give a **** to protect the inventory...most backdoor parts to their friends anyhow.
I went to a yard where a 69 charger with factory 225 3 or 4 spd sat rusting away for 10+ yrs , I was witness to 10 of them.

I eventually bought one of those dying cars for 700 bucks... a lowly 62 valiant with original aluminum 225 complete. The 68? dart convert, red with white interior was cut up and missing the motor, charger was a loss, superbees all missing a qrt, grills, fenders most totalled... all the belvederes n sats were picked to the bone. Those cars are no secret in the San Joaquin valley, they were raced hard track n street from Bakersfield fomoso, visalia, Fresno and north.

Rambled.

I had a friend who had a nice fresh machine crank in the corner of his garage , for his 440 6 pac motor. 6 yr project ... went to lay the crank in and found the entire side of the crank that faced the wall had rusted.

Too many big blocks in the wrecking yards that asswipes pulled crabs from and never covered the flange as the asswipes that gofer the yards never give a **** to protect the inventory...most backdoor parts to their friends anyhow.
I went to a yard where a 69 charger with factory 225 3 or 4 spd sat rusting away for 10+ yrs , I was witness to 10 of them.

I eventually bought one of those dying cars for 700 bucks... a lowly 62 valiant with original aluminum 225 complete. The 68? dart convert, red with white interior was cut up and missing the motor, charger was a loss, superbees all missing a qrt, grills, fenders most totalled... all the belvederes n sats were picked to the bone. Those cars are no secret in the San Joaquin valley, they were raced hard track n street from Bakersfield fomoso, visalia, Fresno and north.

Rambled.
I totally understand Me and the Warden
( girlfriend) also into small bikes Harley Italian units Benelli scooters etc and have a older friend in Atlanta who has 20 or more Triumph motorcycles and many other makes in a basement and the few bikes we bought over the last two years had rust from the ground up so basically if they set long enough they could be ruined.

-
Back