WTH is this thing?

-

Oklacarcollecto

Life is an experiment
Reaction score
Some close friends of mine home burnt and we are going to an auction this weekend to bid on another one but this crazy looking this is there. I have no idea what it is.

Attachments

• 00r0r_5hmv0R7IZL8_600x450.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 590
Power unit crawler, air port machinery to de- ice air plain wings :glasses7: Heck I had to give it a try :D

"Detroit Diesel powered air compressor? "
X2 Industrial air comp. Very pricey if works.

Looks like it may have a generator on it as well.

I used an app called Cam Find to take a picture and search what it is.
It came up with "teal machine, with tanks."
So there you go.

Looks like it may have a generator on it as well.
And a compressor for sure by the looks of it, may have a hydraulic pump that runs the drive unit so it will pull it's self :glasses7:

I don't know. But, if it's a compressor, it looks like a whole lot of engine and machinery for such a small tank.

That tank's not small. Considering the whole machine is as big as a car, that larger tank could be 6-7 feet long. Considering the length, it could be as large as 24" or more in diameter. That's a BIG air tank.

It's a Binford model#825 All in one Turbo Diesel Generator/Compressor, designed by Tim the Toolman Taylor. Circa 1992.

it is an inline 6-71detroit air compressor used for sand blasting mostly in shipyards or big industrial jobs and dam near indistructable .

I've figured it out! Its a hot air extractor for DC, only it is way underpowered, and the tank is way too small. That is why it is up for auction.

-
Back