xe 284 comp cam

-

slowdown

Reaction score
Has anyone here used this cam? In what kind of combination if you don't mind me asking.

Has anyone here used this cam? In what kind of combination if you don't mind me asking.

I am running the same cam in my new build, 340 around 9.8 to 1, home ported J's, Airgap, 750dp Holley, 4spd, has an awesome sounding idle and runs pretty damn hard, I love it!!

I am running the same cam in my new build, 340 around 9.8 to 1, home ported J's, Airgap, 750dp Holley, 4spd, has an awesome sounding idle and runs pretty damn hard, I love it!![/QUO
Do u have adjustable rockers? If not did u need special length pushrods to run this cam?

I am running the same cam in my new build, 340 around 9.8 to 1, home ported J's, Airgap, 750dp Holley, 4spd, has an awesome sounding idle and runs pretty damn hard, I love it!![/QUO
Do u have adjustable rockers? If not did u need special length pushrods to run this cam?

No I don't have adjustable on it yet, I used the factory stuff for now. Gonna put a set of comps on it pretty soon

No I don't have adjustable on it yet, I used the factory stuff for now. Gonna put a set of comps on it pretty soon
I just ruined the cam I had in my car and I think I want to try the xe 284.
So you have the 7.50 stock push rods and rocker arms. Do u know how thick your head gasket is? Do u have any valve train noise?

I just ruined the cam I had in my car and I think I want to try the xe 284.
So you have the 7.50 stock push rods and rocker arms. Do u know how thick your head gasket is? Do u have any valve train noise?

I have the MP thin gaskets and my heads are milled .030, yes I use the factory pushrods and stamped rockers, I know I may have to much lifter preload but I do not have any noise, I'm waiting to be able to get some adjustable rockers and pushrods

Have just installed one 'XE284' in a customers restored '1971 Dodge Demon 340'

1971 Dodge Demon 340 {#3200 lbs.} ~ Street/Strip Car

* 4-Speed ~ 4.10 Gears ~ TTi Headers w/2.5" Exhaust

Weiand #8022 Alunimum Dual-Plane High-Rise Intake
Carter AVS {750 CFM} - Competition Series

Compression {10.2-1} Speed-Pro Forged Pistons
'X' Cylinder Heads, 4/Angle Valve Job, Matched Ports, Minor Porting of Bowl Areas, 65.0 CC Chambers

Lift.......................... .507/.510
Duration................... 284*/296"
Duration @ .050"....... 240*/246*

#995 Valve Springs..... #120 lbs. {Valve Closed} ~ #337 lbs. {Valve Open}

Very Rough Idle, and a bit of 'Pain' driving on the Street, as it had to maintain
1600 RPM's just to stay running, or it would load-up.

Had 'Hardened Pushrods' and 'stock' Stamped Steel Rockers.

After one-month, replaced the 'stock' rocker components with a set of Rocker-Rollers
{Adjustable} with Aluminum Rocker Shaft.

Like 'Night-and-Day' difference. Idled better, and pulled the Rev's up quicker.

The Demon is a 'Rocket'

Let me see if I can figure out how to add a video LOL I can even figure out how to add picturess LOL

If you have trouble loading the video, you could always start a youtube account and post the link to it.

-
Back