XRF lower ball joints

-

jeffnmo

Just another Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I ordered the XRF k7021 and k7023 lower ball joints back in march and they don't fit! The arm where the tie rod connects is about 3/4 of an inch to short and the holes for the mounting bolts are to small. The company I ordered them from will not take them back. If any body knows what mopar they fit and would possibly want them I will let them go for less than the $116 that I bought them for. Oh and my car is a 1970 Dart Swinger 340. 4 piston Kelsey-Hayes disc, so there is nothing weird up front. #s matching car.

Thanks much Jeff

I haven't a clue what XRF ball joint brand might be, but if you have a stock Kelsey Hayes, 4 piston, disc brake system, ball joints attatch to the spindle with 9/16 diameter bolts.
DRUM brake ball joints have smaller diameter holes, 1/2 inch diameter.
Since you mentioned the hole diameter is too small, i suspect you received drum brake ball joints, instead of disc brake ones.
Or they were improperly packaged from the get go.

Last edited:
I ordered the XRF k7021 and k7023 lower ball joints back in march and they don't fit! The arm where the tie rod connects is about 3/4 of an inch to short and the holes for the mounting bolts are to small. The company I ordered them from will not take them back. If any body knows what mopar they fit and would possibly want them I will let them go for less than the $116 that I bought them for. Oh and my car is a 1970 Dart Swinger 340. 4 piston Kelsey-Hayes disc, so there is nothing weird up front. #s matching car.

Thanks much Jeff
The part numbers you supplied are the same for Moog. I would contact XRF direct since they packaged them wrong. The numbers you gave are correct for your car according to this well known documentation.

Moog/Chrysler Suspension Part Numbers

They contacted me back, I think the guy is going to help me out, There was long post awhile back about the bad quality with the Moog parts and how good the XRF pieces are.

Yes it is, I'm talking to a fellow named Robert who seems to be really on the ball, I gave him measurements of mine and the ones sent to me. He is letting XRF know the problem and I'm sure he will get me the proper ones. I'm almost sure the ones sent are for drum brakes, just mis-boxed, **** happens.

Jeff

-
Back