Xv intake manifold

-

Aj408

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone is running the XV intake manifold. I looked at it and it says 325.00 but I dont think that includes the elbow, I think they call that the adapter. ALso the throttle boy that they offer. Has anyone used that. Im not sure if its a drive by wire setup or if its cable opperated. I have a hotwire wiring harness, setup for "fly by wire" so switching to cable is not in the card at this time.

Thanks in advance, Aj

:wav:

The intake is $600 +$325 for the adapter. I watched the video, they were very careful not to mention any dyno numbers. Is it better or worse than the factory setup??

There is NO FIRIGGIN' reason why any intake should cost 1000.00 bucks, unless you had it made by Wilson or another custom manufacturer that will do it in sheet aluminum. It's total b.s. and these companies know it, they just want to make all the tooling costs back on the first run instead of spreading it over a few runs. Make your money in volume, not by a single piece.

There is NO FIRIGGIN' reason why any intake should cost 1000.00 bucks, unless you had it made by Wilson or another custom manufacturer that will do it in sheet aluminum. It's total b.s. and these companies know it, they just want to make all the tooling costs back on the first run instead of spreading it over a few runs. Make your money in volume, not by a single piece.
>Maybe this why eddy, does'nt build one ? I thought their 5.7, was always cheep.I like the longer runners of the dual plane. We'll see how dyno likes it. ateam.:sad4:

Thats alot more than I thought. I dont see spending 1k for a manifold. It sounds like I might be better off trying to run a 6.1 manifold. I know I would problably have to run a car front cover (I have a truck motor) what else would I need to do? Just to put it out there I do not have acess to welding nor am I able to fab up my own parts. So what is left for me to do to run that intake.

Thanks in advance again guys, Aj

Personally I think Ma. Mopar has a better R & D team that developed the original intake, so until I see some numbers that tell me it is $1000 better than stock, well, you know...

-
Back