year one wire harnesses

-

phf

Reaction score
are the year one replacement wiring harnesses worth the money. ive been fighting my wires for almost 3 months now and there doesnt seem to be an end and my work looks like crap too

I have used 3 engine harnesses from them with no problems. Beets chasing problems around. This time Im going to get the engine Harness from Evans wiring http://evanswiring.tripod.com/ but I will still need to get my forward light harness from Year One because Evens doesnt offer it.

I bought the engine control harness and the forward light harness for my Dart from Year One, and although I haven't installed either in my car yet I can tell you that they match my original harness exactly with regard to the colors, plugs, length of wires etc. Its a very nice looking part that looks like an original.
Both harnesses together shipped was about $280.

George

are the year one replacement wiring harnesses worth the money. ive been fighting my wires for almost 3 months now and there doesnt seem to be an end and my work looks like crap too

Year One has a stranglehold on the Mopar harness business. If Evans is funally offering harnesses, look into it. They are probably the same harnesses Year One sells, but comparably inexpensive. And as for the fit and appearance, they look and fit great! I just bought new harnesses from bumper to bumper for my Barracuda. Not cheap...but they're not cheap, if you know what I mean....

<sigh...> Sometimes there's no easy, or in-expensive... solution. :sad3:

i've seen some evans harnesses in person and they look fine. good quality.

I bought my engine/headlight harness from Year One and it was absolutely perfect in every single detail. I bought a auto trans and a engine side AC harness from Evans because Year One did not have them. The wires for the auto trans harness were not the same color as the originals but it fit and functioned perfectly. The wires for the AC harness were not the same gage as the factory wires were (thinner then originals) and the compressor wire was about three feet longer then need be. So I can contacted Evans about these issues and offered to send in my originals to have them matched up. I also offered to pay more if need be. Their response was a single sentence "send them back for a refund". There was no "sorry you are not satisfied how can we help" type attitude. I tried a few times offering more money, I pay shipping, etc but they only responded with a single sentence "send them back". Well, my old ones were all rotted out and cracked so I installed the Evans harnesses. I have also heard of other complaints similar to mine in other forums. If you want "exact" duplicates of the originals go to Year One if they have them. If you would like cheaper harnesses or need stuff that Year One does not have go to Evans. Evans is not junk, just second class to the Year One stuff from what I have seen.

Oh, and I paid like $55 for the two Evans harnesses and that included shipping. Definitely a good price but personally I would rather pay more for exact duplicates of the originals. And Evans did have them at my door in about a week.

Year One has a stranglehold on the Mopar harness business. If Evans is funally offering harnesses, look into it. They are probably the same harnesses Year One sells, but comparably inexpensive. And as for the fit and appearance, they look and fit great! I just bought new harnesses from bumper to bumper for my Barracuda. Not cheap...but they're not cheap, if you know what I mean....

<sigh...> Sometimes there's no easy, or in-expensive... solution. :sad3:

M&H builds the wiring for YearOne. Here is a link to their website. They can not sell direct though so don't ask them! LOL. They are exlclusive through year one. www.wiringharness.com will get you there. They can build what they don't already list many times.

i use m&h for mopars and other brand x cars and their harnesses are great. the only problem is when they are out of a harness, you may have to wait up to 10 weeks for that particular harness to be put in the mix and had a run made of them. other than that, totally fine.

thanks a bunch guys. i ordered the year one kit yesterday. its on backorder so it'll be 4 weeks, but whatever, im not in too big a hurry

-
Back