Yee-haa!!!! Got the 428hp going in my swinger

-

swinger340

Reaction score
I didn't think 428 HP was going to be enough but now I see I need to work on the suspension and traction situation. Sideways in 1st 3 gears with no hesitation. I have a 25.5 in tire with 3:55s. Im thinking taller, wider tire and 3:91s. Very quick revving fun little motor to drive. Oh yeah the centerforce was worth the money. Clutch pushes so easy I would swear it is hydrolic.

A feel good moment indeed!!!

It kinda shocked me. I wasn't expecting it to go as good as it does. A lot better then the 340 I pulled out. Was so excited I had to tell all my Mopar friends.

Get some-one to take a pic of that smile all over your face,,.. and post it.. ! ! !

Congrats

(with age, he'll start comparing it to sex.. imho ..) lol

That's cool. I love the combo of a 4-speed and 3:55 gears and a strong small block. Do you have a link to your motor build?

No I should have taken step by step photos but I did not. Most of the parts I bought off of fellow members. Pistons, crank, rod bolts, cam, valve covers, intake and heads. It is a .030 over 340 w TRW forged 2316 pistons. Stock forged 3.31 stroke crank (Turned .010/.010). Stock, but lightened 340 rods w ARP blots. comp XE282S .520/.540 cam. Edelbrock heads. Net of 10.6:1 compression. PRW 1.5 roller rockers. Oiling mods by me and a Kevko pan/ pick up. Performer RPM air gap. Holley 750 DP. All together with parts, machine work and and doing the assembly myself I have around $2500 in this engine. $2500 for a 428 HP engine is not bad in my eyes. My stroker will be $2000 alone for the rotating assembly.

What cam and heads did u have again?

Edelbrock open chambered heads because of the TRW 2316s sticking above the deck, and a comp XE282S .520/.540 solid flat tappit cam. Netting 10.6:1 static compression. Runs perfect on 93.

I just like to hear it running! lol

Oh yeah... That will be easy. I tried recording a video with my cell phone but it had very poor picture and sound quality. Ill take a video of it running tomorrow with my camera during the day time. It sounds pretty lumpy and raspy.

-
Back