Yes Another Aussie

-

A360

Benton
Reaction score
Howdy Folks
Been checking this site for a year or so decided to get off my fat butt and sign up.
I have a 1970 VG Hardtop (Aussie version of the Dart ,different front panels and Grill) currently running a 360 specs 10.5 to one , single plane torker ,830 annular discharge holley ,decent cam ,extractors into twin 2 3/4''pipes / 727 with 3500 stall / 3.7 spooled diff
Slowly ironing out bugs on the strip best so far 13.01 @ 107mph traction an issue with very slow 60' 2.2sec.
Should get into 12's in the new season hopefully.
I race at a new strip in Perth Western Australia which was fully paid for by the state government www.motorplex.com.au

I have posted pics in the photo garage

Thanks

Benton

great looking A-body.
you may have too much carb for a 360 - see if you could borrow a 750cfm or even a 700 - JM2CsW. its a great running and looking unit.

Thanks fellows
388Dart I have also thought about the carb being too big ,although
I have had no sign of bogging down at the strip.

If anything I have a slight issue at the top end with starvation maybe.

Traction is my issue in the 60'. In Oz A Body the widest stock tyre is 225/60
so I am very limited in this area.

Thanks

Benton

VG is a model description of a Valiant/Chrysler.
In Australia due to lack of population Chrysler did not have many models.
We had sedans ,Ute's (pickups) and coupes(Hardtops) all with the same model description eg VG.
In the mid 60's it started with the VE then onto VJ with different updates and new body styles .
In my case the VG range started in 1970 and finished 1971 then the VH model range was introduced.
We did have the local Charger body shape introduced in 1971 but you probaly
would be aware of these models.

Not very exciting model desciptions but until the Charger (1971) Chrysler had a very sedate image to say the least in Australia.

Below is the club I belong to which has a better decsription of all models in Australia

http://www.chargerclubofwa.asn.au/

Cheers

Benton

-
Back