Yes, I'm still alive

-

cricket

Rubberqueen
Reaction score
I just got an email from the group that I've been missed, so I thought I'd drop a line and let you know that yes, I'm still alive. I have just not been very well, dealing with my epileptic seizures, and not driving because of them. So, unfortunately, Dusty has been parked for a little while.

She does still need a lot of work, and I'm thinking this will be a good time to put her up on blocks and start doing some major work. One of the biggest things I need to deal with is that she still has no reverse. I'm getting mixed advice from replacing the transmission to just getting a kit and rebuilding it. So, I need to think about that. Plus, she has a lot rust that needs to be taken care of, not to mention finishing the paint job.

I'm not going to be driving for quite a while. I don't unless I've been feeling 100% healthy. It's been two years now since I've been behind the wheel. I just had another good sized seizure yesterday. First big one in a long time, but I've been dealing with a lot of small ones that don't really affect me, but still I don't feel comfortable driving even with just small spells and twinges.

But anyway, just wanted to pop in and say hello. I will stop by more often, I promise, as I work on the car.

Love you & miss you,

Cricket

Good to have you back, sounds like you have been dealing with a lot, so god bless, and take it easy, and we hope nothing but the best for you!

Howdy cricket, I have a couple friends I drive to the lake now and then and like you they have epileptic seizures, my hart goes out to them, one is on an APA pool league we play against and one is retired and at home.
Stop back in and keep us updated on things when you can :thumleft:.

So good to hear from you :smile::smile: Your Arkansas friend Mike

Nice to hear you chime in again. Sorry to hear your health is not getting any better. Just remember, this site is a place to talk and dream about, as well as fix and drive our cars. It can be very therapeutic, and let's face it, the drama is entertaining as well :)

Grant

You guys have always been a mountain of support. I appreciate you!!
You (like me) have found some of the best of the best folks here cricket =D>
Life changing for me :glasses7: I am on my way to see the retired fellow get him out and enjoy a pizza and get him out of the retirement home for a couple hours, sure is something :happy3: I just received a phone call from him and came in to shower and logged on to see your pm from you... Know that was something right there =D>
I ottor where a swim suit with a snorkel and face mask when I knock on his door :cheers: You have a great Strongend, I don't have weekends =D>

Oooo,,, Monterey.
One of the only things I miss about Cal.

Good luck to you, and hope you feel better enough to drive again soon.

Take care of yourself first. This place will be here. One word of advice on the transmission. I wouldn't buy parts until I had torn it down. That way, you can buy them all at once. Not everything necessarily comes in a "kit".

Hi Guys. Still not driving. Have been trying out new medications for my epilepsy, and am now dealing with equilibrium problems. If it ain't one thing, it's another, right? lol Business is still going, keeping me busy. I've also been doing a lot of writing and quilting when I can.
Hope you're all well.
Much love,
Cricket

sorry to hear that. glad your ok though. on the trans thing id probably buy a new one around here rebuilding it isnt much cheaper.

-
Back