York Super Stock Reunion

-

2shelbys

Reaction score
Anyone planning on making a side trip to the York Super Stock Reunion that is held on (!$#!@($#&*) the same weekend as Carlisle? I hit it last year and it is great. It really chaps my butt that these events are always on the same weekend. There are tons of famous race cars and drivers there. Mopar guys like Arlen Vanke, Herb McCandless, Kenny Montgomery, Bud Faubel, and Tom Sneden will be there along with some famous guys who drove the "also rans" like Arnie Beswick and Bill "Grumpy" Jenkins. Grumpy is famous for running Chevys but he prepared a lot of Mopars and ran the "Black Arrow" '65 Plymouth Super Stock car. They also have the "Muscle Car Madness" show at the reunion and the Nostalgia Super Stock Nationals at Beaver Springs Dragway on sunday. It really is a pain in the butt trying to decide which days to spend where. Check it out:

http://www.yorkus30.com/

Thanks for the link to the reunion. I would love to attend it but living down in Florida now it is very unlikely that I will.
I spent many a Saturday night there at Thomasville airport ( York US 30) back in the late 1950s and early 60s. All the big names use to come there to race against Grumpy and Dave Strickler's "Ole Reliable". Back in those days I ran an Oldsmobile (1949 Coupe) in the "D Gas" class.....13.20 et @ 106 mph.

Thanks for the memories!:glasses7:

That is definitely a neat show to go to. When I went to Carlisle me and my dad went there two times. That clone Black Arrow was pretty neat. It was funny h said he didn't even ask Jenkins if he could letter up the car like that.

Thanks for the link to the reunion. I would love to attend it but living down in Florida now it is very unlikely that I will.
I spent many a Saturday night there at Thomasville airport ( York US 30) back in the late 1950s and early 60s. All the big names use to come there to race against Grumpy and Dave Strickler's "Ole Reliable". Back in those days I ran an Oldsmobile (1949 Coupe) in the "D Gas" class.....13.20 et @ 106 mph.

That's great. It's kind of funny. I never ran there but my car did. The original owner ran everywhere around here. Cecil County, 75-80, Capital, York US30, Mason-Dixon. I found some "Class Winner" stickers from Cecil County, 75-80, and York US30 in an envelope in the back seat top when I pulled the seat out. Pretty cool. I would rather have found the Broadcast I was looking for.

That is definitely a neat show to go to. When I went to Carlisle me and my dad went there two times. That clone Black Arrow was pretty neat. It was funny h said he didn't even ask Jenkins if he could letter up the car like that.
Yes, it is great. I talked to Kenny Montgomery and Arlen Vanke there last year and saw a ton of great cars.

I've made the trip every year since the show began, should not be missed.

It's about an hour down the road from Carlisle, a lovely ride through central PA.

I like to go because it sort of breaks up the afternoon after being out in the hot sun all day, sifting through parts in the swap meet. It's in a nice air conditioned hall, takes about two hours to see the whole thing.

They always have all sorts of legends in attendance - Jere Stahl, Bill Stiles, Bruce Larsen, Geroge Montgomery, Grumpy Jenkins, etc.

If you liked that go to Youtube and search "Psychedelic 70's @ York US 30".

-
Back