you opinions please!

-

GermzD74

Cool Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I've found a guy selling a 67 signet 4 door V8 buckets seats for 1000 with very rare parts that my 67 sig needs!!! 67 signets came with a one time trunk, red and chrome, line trim and he has it! also the wheel well mouldings, aswell as the front panels.

Now my question is...is it worth replacing my original bench seat with the bucket seats? or will my car loose its value? I like the sportier llok of buckets but aswell the confortableness of bench seats...you know gotta have the girl seat right next to me =)

The floor board for a bucket seat car is different than a bench seat one.SO it will take some fabrication for the change

so what about value? will the car loose value? I wouldn't care keeping my bench on...but buckets don't sound too bad. thanks guys!

Do the swap but keep your original seat! All you need to do is make 4 small plates, 2 for each inside seat bracket for each bucket seat for reinforcment on the floor, there should already be two there from your bench seat on the outside. Pull your carpet up near the bench seat bracket and you should see what I am talking about. I put factory buckets in my 74 Satellite and I never did this and it is fine. Although I will do it the right way when I replace my carpet!

The floor on an A body has rasied mounds with the reinforcing for the bench and the buckets would sit crooked.Around 2in raised,so to make them sit right those would have to be cut out and a flat area welded in.Spacing up the flat part even with the raised humps makes the seats sit to high.Keep the bench in my opinion

Any one else thinks I should keep the bench? putting the buckets is not difficult task.

im more concerned with value of car as for originality of interior. if putting in buckets would do anything to the value for this valiant then I would consider putting buckets and a mopar floor console. im going to get parts of the four door tomorrow...

In my experiances 2 doors have brought more with buckets and 4 doors (I think) look better with a bench. I have been doing auto appraisals for about 10ish years and my dad is one of the top guys in the state for custom and classic auto appraisals.

I would keep the bench.:glasses2:
I tend to sleep in my car and like to start the car up
for heat or a/c with out getting up out of my sack.:toothy7:
Sell the good parts you do not need and keep it stock bench.
If you have a floor shifter and linkage!!
I know someone here at fabo that is looking for one for his 65 vert!!!.:thumrigh:

Hmmmm..... CAN a Valiant lose value? just kidding!
i wouldn't hack up the floor to do it, but if you can just drill holes and shim them up to sit level it shouldn't hurt anything unless you are a purist or plan on a concourse restoration, which i doubt, since you asked the question.
Doug

If I may, listen to this:

I own a `68 Formula S 340 Barracuda Fastback, a some what desirable car. When I picked up my car as a basket case I had the #'s matching (but rusted to death and un-usable) 340 block and the equally beat to death EMPTY matching #'s auto tran's case. My fender tag reads, among other things, it's a 340 / auto with A/C. I now have no A/C... and there is a Hurst shifter sticking through the floor boards (after I CUT a hole ) to stir the gears myself. My point? Well, I wanted a 4 spd. car. All I found was an automatic. 4 spd. wins....

I look at it this way. If I sell my car (or my Wife does after I go toes-up...) and the new buyer de-codes the tag he'll see what it should have. And instead of hanging quarters or chasing rust, he now has to only weld in a section of floorpan and install a different powertrain w/ air to make a #'s matching 340-S. And he'll be doing a lot less work than the guy (read ME) whom brought the car back from the grave.

Bottom line: It's your car. If the next owner is faced with the deliema of installing a new seat to make it "correct", so be it. Enjoy YOUR car.

If I may, listen to this:

I own a `68 Formula S 340 Barracuda Fastback, a some what desirable car. When I picked up my car as a basket case I had the #'s matching (but rusted to death and un-usable) 340 block and the equally beat to death EMPTY matching #'s auto tran's case. My fender tag reads, among other things, it's a 340 / auto with A/C. I now have no A/C... and there is a Hurst shifter sticking through the floor boards (after I CUT a hole ) to stir the gears myself. My point? Well, I wanted a 4 spd. car. All I found was an automatic. 4 spd. wins....

I look at it this way. If I sell my car (or my Wife does after I go toes-up...) and the new buyer de-codes the tag he'll see what it should have. And instead of hanging quarters or chasing rust, he now has to only weld in a section of floorpan and install a different powertrain w/ air to make a #'s matching 340-S. And he'll be doing a lot less work than the guy (read ME) whom brought the car back from the grave.

Bottom line: It's your car. If the next owner is faced with the deliema of installing a new seat to make it "correct", so be it. Enjoy YOUR car.

You have great four site Mr FASTBACK340:coffee2::thumleft:

-
Back