You tell me that Electric Vehicles are good? Now, PROVE IT.

-
Wow......I take my A100 down to the local gas station, and it takes me about 90 seconds to recharge......with Premium gas. :lol:

I kinda like being able to fill up quickly, and being able to travel 350 miles, and then repeating the process any time of year, in any weather, for several years, for the life of the vehicle.

I will buy an electric car when the technology on the batteries is TRULY where it needs to be. You cannot legislate a mandate that the technology will be up to snuff by 2035.

Alternate fuel sources are the future, deal with it..... Battery technology will improve in coming years.... I still won't ever buy a EV but I dont knock or care who does buy EV

If you have an EV and live near where hurricane Ian just hit but, received no damage to your property your still stuck as you have no electricity to charge your car....now what?

Alternate fuel sources are the future, deal with it..... Battery technology will improve in coming years.... I still won't ever buy a EV but I dont knock or care who does buy EV

Which “alternative” fuel sources would that be? Please be specific.

Guess we're all gonna' need a 50-mile spare battery pack under the 50-mile spare tire.

...but I bet those without power are glad to have pre-charged battery powered hand tools and lights.

If you have an EV and live near where hurricane Ian just hit but, received no damage to your property your still stuck as you have no electricity to charge your car....now what?
You're down to Fred and Jed.

I remember a joke where God had a bunch of animals lined up -- giraffe, monkey, lion, turtle, rabbit... He said, "We're going to find out which animal is the best. First one to the top of that tree wins!"

Point was that each animal is uniquely adapted to do certain things very well. Of course the turtle finished... DNF.

EVs are ideal for certain folks. They are not even in the running for others. There are newer battery chemistries that dramatically reduce charge times with like 3X the range of the current generation, cost 1% of the current Li-Ion to manufacture, and non-toxic/non-flamable (Lithium Sulphur as an example). Oh, and they will start production in 2025 when the factory is finished.

If EVs never evolve, if technology remains stagnant, then EVs are going to play a minor role in the future. However, if the ICE remained stagnant, today's EVs would already be superior.

I'm enjoying watching the innovations unfold that make EVs more viable. I work with electronics for my day job, so I get regular news feeds & magazines. Agreed, they still need work, but the OEMs are funneling their traditional ICE R&D money into EV research now. You can look at the technology of just 5 years ago and see quantum improvements. It will get better.

I remember a joke where God had a bunch of animals lined up -- giraffe, monkey, lion, turtle, rabbit... He said, "We're going to find out which animal is the best. First one to the top of that tree wins!"

Point was that each animal is uniquely adapted to do certain things very well. Of course the turtle finished... DNF.

EVs are ideal for certain folks. They are not even in the running for others. There are newer battery chemistries that dramatically reduce charge times with like 3X the range of the current generation, cost 1% of the current Li-Ion to manufacture, and non-toxic/non-flamable (Lithium Sulphur as an example). Oh, and they will start production in 2025 when the factory is finished.

If EVs never evolve, if technology remains stagnant, then EVs are going to play a minor role in the future. However, if the ICE remained stagnant, today's EVs would already be superior.

I'm enjoying watching the innovations unfold that make EVs more viable. I work with electronics for my day job, so I get regular news feeds & magazines. Agreed, they still need work, but the OEMs are funneling their traditional ICE R&D money into EV research now. You can look at the technology of just 5 years ago and see quantum improvements. It will get better.

What is the size of the quanta in these quantum improvements? It sure as hell ain't a nice straight line on a log graph.

I once started acquiring what is need to convert a 83 d250's 318 over to propane. Finding tanks stopped the process cold. I know I can't just rub on BBQ grill tanks for long.
I want NOTHING to do with electric cars.

-
Back