Young Gun Marine needs engine build

-

KramerSwinger70

70 Dart Swinger360
Reaction score
I am a relatively new marine, graduated boot camp in April. My project is a 70 swinger I've had since I was 17. Currently had a /6 but I have a 360/904 combo that need to be built. I am stationed in camp Pendleton, ca. However I'm from the sf Bay Area, near Santa Rosa. I know this seems kinda pathetic but I have no idea the extent of work they need to be ready to run. All I know is that the engine is not frozen. Hey I got the pair for a total of $195, I figure I any go wrong!

Basically i wanted to reach out to the local mopar community in hopes there is someone near my home town that could be put me in the right direction to gettin my engine and trans build on a tiny budget. Maybe someone knows or owns a shop that could do the work cheaply. I have a very mild build in mind, want to make the car daily driver quality so fuel economy is somewhat of a concern to me.

I appreciate any help I can get. Thanks in advance!

Why caint you be on the east coast? I would build it for nuthin long as you bought all the parts and paid for machine work. Thanks for your service.

Hello Marine, from an old Marine, You must be training for your MOS. I spent a year at Pendleton in the early 80s training, anyway stay out of the Eclub( took me awhile to figure it out.)lol use the money you would have to spend on food and housing for your build. I did eat and sleep on base as much as you can. good luck

PS, have MRL build it SEMPER FI

Hello Marine, from an old Marine, You must be training for your MOS. I spent a year at Pendleton in the early 80s training, anyway stay out of the Eclub( took me awhile to figure it out.)lol use the money you would have to spend on food and housing for your build. I did eat and sleep on base as much as you can. good luck

PS, have MRL build it SEMPER FI

Oorah. Yeah I'm my mos school picks up July 22 I'm in a MAT (marines awaiting training) platoon till then. Trust me I hit the chow hall as much as I can! Where is MRL based out of?

Nor Cal Mopars members will run into this thread. Bad440 knows all the good machine shops in the Bay area. Knows his way around Mopars himself. He rides the red eye express. Be patient.

Roger that. Pretty much what I'm hoping for is someone far wiser than I to give me a hand. I joined the corps as a mech for amphib assault vehicles, but right now my knowledge as a mech is pretty limited so I need all the help I can! Sometimes it sucks bein young an inexperienced!

^ This. If I'd have had my old Dart still I would've made good use of the base shop in the stumps!

Well I can't have a Personal vehicle till in permanently stationed. And idk if I can have 2 POVs. Otherwise the hobby shop would b perfect

Oohhraahhh! From one old Marine to a young gun Marine! Hey, good luck on your rebuild. You may only need to "freshen it up", as in new set of rings, bearings and gaskets, and not new pistons & a bore job. Probably a lot of parts cleaning ahead of you, but that shouldn't be a problem......you just got outta boot, so cleaning is now in your genes!

I spent time at school there at Del Mar and also over at Mainside. You'll have some great memories and make some lifetime friends I'll bet!

I hope it needs only a refresh but I am less than knowledgable and this engine hang been tire apart in a looong time. Possibly missing parts, can't really say. I'm hoping to have the combo under the hood by summer 2015, sooner if possible

Up in the the Bay Area and will likely stay there for a while. Unfortunatly I am not authorized a personal vehicle during student status. As soon as in stationed I'm gonna try and get my car to me

-
Back