Your Opinion...RARE.....

-
Heres another one. A friend of mine has a '70 Swinger he bought in the early '80s. Was/is 340/4 speed manual brakes/steering, factory 3.91s. The clincher?? It was originally Plum Crazy. Oddly enough, when he bought the car, we had no idea, as it had been painted black with flip-flop flake. It was only after he got the car home & we started pulling it apart that we found the original color under the carpets, behind the door panels ect. At the time it wasnt that big a deal. Car is still in his two car garage, in very nice shape awaiting restoration.

Judging by the number of 'original" ones that seem to be floating around now, there must have been 500-600 made. <g>
No these are all legit. Bob Lambecks car, Jack Werst's "Mr. 5 and 50, The Southland Flyer, Mancini's original car, plus a no name that was just beautiful. One of the guys drove "Mr.5 and 50" through the Dairy Queen drive through with his kids strapped to the roll bar and open headers to get ice cream. THAT is what it used to be all about...fun, those were the days.
Oh yea...I myself built the original Hurst shifter, bracket, straight linkage, and reverse lockout for Dick Landy's 4-speed hemi Dart when it was being redone. THAT was fun too!

The Cudas & Darts (even the real ones) are not that rare as Mopars go. Another car I almost bought was a '66 Coronet 300, 383 4-speed, QQ1. I contacted Chrysler historic about that car, 1 of 3. But it was pretty much just a shell, too much resto needed for my tastes.

-
Back