Your Opinions on My Fuel System?

-

69Chrgr

Charger/Cuda
Reaction score
O.k., after everyones advice, here is what I plan on upgrading to from my current Holley 110 gph mechanical fuel pump and 3/8 fuel line. This is my checkout cart from Summit.

http://store.summitracing.com/checkout/cart.asp

This is to help provide fuel to my Eddy headed 408. Thanks so much for everyones time and valuable feedback. I have the Chevy camp down here in Texas after me so I want to continue to stay ahead. Starting to get some respect now.

I clicked the link and it says your cart is empty....

Post what your thinking of. There's a lot of hard-core race guys here. With the exception of running a Holley red pump, I just upgraded to what your changing out, so don't trust MY opinion! 8)

I'm sorry. I have got to get better at copying and pasting. lol. Here is what I'm looking at:

Aeromotive Street Rod Fuel Pump(electric) 150 gph
Inline Aeromovtive Fuel Filter
Aeromotvie Fuel Pressure Regulator 5-12 PSI
Summit Fuel Pressure Regulator Bracket
Sport Comp Electric Fuel Gauge

Thanks Again.
Darren

Fuel cell or stock tank? I'd add a 3/8" pickup to the stock tank and some 3/8 line all the way up. It don't matter much what pump you use if it's sucking through too small a hole to start with.

That set up sounds good to me..i'm running a stock tank with 3/8" sending unit,3/8" fuel line front to rear,holley black pump..works great on my combo...

I have a new/stock type tank w/the 3/8 pickup and 3/8 I.D. fuel line throughout the whole system.

If you have the big bucks, Year One has a replacement sending unit with a ½" pickup tube for like $150.00. I found one at carlisle for less than half that much. Look around.

The only other concerns are having the regulator as close to the carb as possible so it can react immediately to any drop in pressure, having the line to the regulator go to the core support and then turn back toward the regulator so the inertia of acceleration feeds the regulator instead of starving it, and have smaller hoses from the regulator to the carb than you have going to the regulator, again to help reduce to as close to zero as possible the reaction time it takes to get back to full pressure.

Oh, and one other thing like Ace mentioned. Remember that your system will only flow as well as its most restrictive component. You can have ½" line, an awesome free-flowing filter, and a great pump, but if you only have a 3/8" pickup in the tank the system will only flow at the rate that pickup will allow. The system will be far better than stock but not as good as one that is ½" from the tank up. It is the same as putting a restrictive filter into a good system. It will slow the whole system down.

-
Back