Your Opinions on this Fish

-
to be honest i like your gtx better

this has quarter panel rust
340's dont chirp tires in 4th gear, that's b.s. i've owned a fast as hell 340 in my old '68 dart and it didnt chirp in 4th lol.
this car has electrical problems. may need a new harness or some intense maintenance on the current wiring & connectors

Just needs painting. I also noticed some of the gauges are not working. The fuel gage and tach is working though.Car is a thumping little quick pleasure to kick around in and will scratch em in all 4 gears with the greatest of ease.

A LITTLE RUST FROM A 30 YEAR OLD REPAIR THE SIZE OF YOUR PALM AT THE DRIVERS REAR QUARTER IN FRONT OF THE BACK WHEEL,AND THE PLASTIC CHROME AROUND THE REAR WINDOW OVER THE YEARS HAS LET WATER SIT AND THE RUST HAS BEGAN AROUND THE REAR WINDSHIELD,WHERE THE PLASTIC FACTORY CHROME IS COMING APART.

your GTX is 5X the car if you ask me. power, upkeep, wowfactor, etc.

just my opinion

p.s. this is even less important, just my opinion although i've never owned a GTX that i dont like your hood lol. you may need it the way it is for clearance, etc i cannot tell. also GTX is one of the few mopars that i like modern wheels

here are a couple of pretty ones that i like:
View attachment gtx1.jpg
View attachment gtx2.jpg

Well the hood is about to change again. I have two GT45 turbo's that I am getting ready to put on the car. My fab guy is making the headers for me now. I did not think that car was a 25k dollar car. Did they even come with 340's back in 67? I know he said it was a 71 340 but from what I have read they were either 273 or 383 cars. I may be wrong.

Seems like a nice fish but $25K is steep. I wish they were worth 25K in this condition but they are not.

It's not totally stock for one so the high end can be thrown out.

Looks like it needs some work and a face lift to get it into this century.

15K tops and that's being generous.

wow.. Thanks for the input.. Always nice to hear from someone who owns one.. I love the fast back cars.... I have one local to me that is a 68 with a 318 4 speed..I may just buy it and keep the GTX.

:cheers:

That would be a better choice then you can build it the way you want and keep the slab side. :D

Ironically I had a 67 Satellite in HS and I used to get killed by a 68 cuda fastback whenever I raced him. I fell in love with the body style as I watched him pull away every time.

So 20 years later I dumped the slab side and got the fastback.

Good luck with your hunt.

Mop

Attachments

• 100_3454.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 170
:cheers:

That would be a better choice then you can build it the way you want and keep the slab side. :D

Ironically I had a 67 Satellite in HS and I used to get killed by a 68 cuda fastback whenever I raced him. I fell in love with the body style as I watched him pull away every time.

So 20 years later I dumped the slab side and got the fastback.

Good luck with your hunt.

Mop

That is a good looking fish you have...

I'd pass on this one as well, Price is way too high, I'd be between 10-12.5 on that, at the very top, and that is dependent on a lot of things! I think the most off putting part is the incredible amount of inconsistencies in his description, which I won't waste time quoting here. Its not numbers matching, which for that price it better be, had to be a 273 car if indeed it is a real formula car to begin with, which I would very carefully inspect for after reading that ad. That interior is sharp though! and it does have possibilities, but not for that kind of coin!

Sorry. I'm a little slow lately.

Gee, I thought he said he just "restored" it?? With a 71 motor, old 60's paint, how can that be restored?? By the way, 340's didn't come out until 68!! Pass!! Geof

"Your Opinions on this Fish"

Batter it, and pan fry it with butter, onions and salt. It'll be great.

The car looks pretty good, too.

-
Back