Your thoughts on the 5.7 hemi tick

-
It's a different market out there now. We recently picked up a '18 Tradesman. 4WD Crew Cab Cummins Dually. 92K on the clock.
We got her for a little under $40K. She's not exactly what we were looking for, but we couldn't find an older 2WD Laramie. We pulled the trigger because we wanted to buy now, and she was the best deal that we found. There just wasn't much to choose from that had what we wanted, that we could afford. And BTW, I don't care how they're badged, or what the title says, they will always be a Dodge truck.
Well that makes me feel better

I just bought a 2017 4wd crew cab aswell
mine is a 5.7 hemi SLT which is exactly what i wanted (i will be plowing with it, so its a 3/4 and i didnt want the weight penalty of a diesel)
best i can tell, the SLT is the only model that comes with the front bench which would have been a deal breaker for me
with 84K miles, i ended up writing them a check for 25K (and got 2500 back for the superdookie)

The diablo sport predator is a hand held programmer that plugs into the OBD port. You can change some perameters of the truck and put different tunes into the truck. Like a performance tune for 91 octane or such. It also helps eliminate MDS as an option. I never found MDS activated to be worth more than a tenth or two of a mile. I average about 15 in the winter with a lot of idle time warming up, and about 16 or 17 in summer months. It also helps with transmission shifting and overall makes the truck drive a bit better. They were very popular before phone based app tuning and was a better alternative to using a laptop to make the changes. It's about half the size of a shoebox for packaging and there's only 4 buttons so it's pretty basic.
Rarichard, what is the Diablo tuner, how does it work? Did the disabling of the mds change fuel mileage?
Thanks Rod

-
Back