Your Thoughts....

-

nodemon

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Thinking about skipping the chrome trim process on my bezels.. I kinda dig the blacked out look. What are your thoughts..?

20240105_225516.jpg

20240113_234753.jpg

20240113_223250.jpg

Chrome paint marker… not as good but on that small of a piece easy to touch up.
If I do it, I'll be airbrushing it, then a clear over it for durability. I may do one of the heater bezels and then decide which one I want to use.

I've gotta' say, I'm usually a purist, but I do like the look of that combo :thumbsup:
Same here, as far as being a purist...but every time I mess with these things I get worried I'm gonna drop or break one...lol
In fact, I'm finishing another instrument panel and stepped on the corner last night and broke off 2 pieces.. I'm bad luck with these...lol..!

Same here, as far as being a purist...but every time I mess with these things I get worried I'm gonna drop or break one...lol
In fact, I'm finishing another instrument panel and stepped on the corner last night and broke off 2 pieces.. I'm bad luck with these...lol..!
LOL.......You can't make this **** up! :rofl:

Looking forward to seeing your car. From what I've read from your posts, you're moving right along. Keep up the good work:thumbsup:

What material are you making these pieces out of?

Uv resin
Or
Filament

You would think they would make a chrome film that could be applied like gold leaf but with a heat gun.

Was not the chrome originally applied with a hot stamp process?

I like it, it looks more modern. I never understood the use of wood-grain on everything.
If you did not grow up in the 70’s you would not understand lol! .
Wood paneling was everywhere- doctors offices, living rooms, restaurants, automotive garages, station wagons, it was the lap of luxury. Kind of a status symbol actually. So why not put it in car interiors. And it worked- cars sold!
Syleng1

I like it, it looks more modern. I never understood the use of wood-grain on everything
I agree, I feel the woodgrain on the 70 something and newer A bodies made them look cheap. Even the same on the B and E bodies.

-
Back