You're selling What?!

-
Last I checked you can swap a front end no problems. It could have a 69 body with a 70-71 front end on it. But the vin says different anyway.

You can swap a front end. But the vin gives ut off as a '70 340 Swinger.

That ad is a real bundle of information, isn't it?

Kind of what I thought. I sent the guy an email trying to get more information on it. He told me it was a numbers matching '69. That's all I could get out of him.

Curiousity got the best of me so I called down and talked to one of the salesmen. Seems nobody in the dealership knows anything but what they're told. Supposed to be a numbers matching 340/4-speed one owner car. Told me "It has some bondo in the quarters and they're a little rough but they painted over it and it looks nice. The dash is cracked up, but it's not too bad". They want $15,000 for it.

Now it seems they're interested in seeing what they have. They pulled the title they have and it has the '70 VIN but states '69 as the year. Hard to say who screwed that one up in the past.

The seller probably don't know these cars very well and you open the door there is a door sticker with the build date and this one was probably built in the fall of 69 leading the seller to believe its a 69 .....I know bcoz on my 70 swinger the door sticker says 9/69.

I don't know why anybody would expect, LOL that a CAR salesman would actually know anything about CARS

used+car+dealer.jpg

usedcarssynopsis-640x360.jpg

-
Back