Z Bar removal tips?

-

NukeSec1

DUSTinguished
Reaction score
Trying to scavenge all the 4spd related goodies from the /6 3Spd car before it goes to the crusher. The /6 and 3 spd are still in the car and will most likely remain unless someone wants to come take it out. Got the Z Bar unbolted on the tranny side, but am having one hell of a time getting it to pop off the ball on the frame side. Also tried loosening the ball from inside the fenderwell from the support. Almost gave myself a hernia trying to do that! Anyone have any tips or tricks they'd like to share? At this point, any advice that starts with "Get a BIG hammer......" sounds good to me! :toothy10:

Unbolt the trans mount and move trans over some

or unbolt frame mount ball might help

but I'm thinking the car I got the Zbar and pedals out of I just removed the bolts on the mount on the bell housing and was able to get it out.

I did get the frame mount plus the reinforcing bracket on the outside of the frame rail.

good luck

There is a spring clip on the fender side of the z-bar that locks it to the ball stud. Remove it and it will slide off the ball stud. Once off there are flats on the ball stud that you can put a wrench on to keep it from turning when you loosen the nut.

-
Back