Z-max

-

dartman1965

Reaction score
Do any of you guys use z-max in your cars?I see it advertised all over and wondered about it.I now us a product from BG called MOA in my drivers.I use full synthetic in my dart (mobil 1) so I dont think I would see any benifit from any additive......Or would I?

Do any of you guys use z-max in your cars?I see it advertised all over and wondered about it.I now us a product from BG called MOA in my drivers.I use full synthetic in my dart (mobil 1) so I dont think I would see any benifit from any additive......Or would I?

If you're running a good synthetic, like Mobil 1, in your car oil additives are a waste of money, no matter what the snake oil salesman say. As a matter a fact the additive may do more harm than good.

Terry

I know its a no no to use in a synthetic oil but was thinking more my drivers and equpment and such.I use just plain oil in those.

I use mobil-1 for the oil and gumout for the fuel system.Tried most additives over the years and haven't found anything but snake oil.

i was looking at that stuff awhile ago. carol shelby sponsors the product, so i thought it might be good. then i saw him on barret-jackson selling off his first race car (mg), and some other cars. made me think he is offing everything and trying to load up on cash. could his morals go with it?? maybe its junk, i dont know. all i know is regular maintenece and good quality oil will do you good. i used to own a volvo and saw MANY cars go 300k+ with routine maintenence. no synthetic, no special additives, just maintenence.

one thing that i swear by is seamfoam though. run it through a vaccum line straight to your intake.keep the rpm at about 2k until the bottle is sucked clean. attach after and be amazed at how good your engine runs when the valves, intake ect. is clean. lots of smoke comes out the exhaust when doing it, but thats just how it works

I know that regular maintence with quality oil is the key.I was just looking for an "edge".My dippy has allmost 300k as does my wifes intrepid.Mayby I will just save my money .

yeah, id say save it. no additive will fix worn parts. it might clean the fuel system, but at that rate i would go with seafoam. about $6 a can too so not to bad.

-
Back