Zero Pedal Pressure

-

jhdeval

Reaction score
Okay so I did the single to dual master cylinder upgrade but I am getting ZERO pedal pressure. I do not have any leaks and I am getting fluid at all but the front passenger side. I think it is going to need a full rebuild the pad has eaten into the drum. I am at a loss. Please help.

Do you have the correct distribution block? Did you bench bleed the master cylinder?

I did not bench bleed the master cylinder and I am using the original distribution block but I just blocked off the rear and connected directly to the master cylinder for the rear.

Also I just came back in again using a pneumatic vacuum (one man bleeder) and I am getting good fluid out of all but the front passenger.

You need to bench bleed the master otherwise you'll just be chasing your tail.

You need to bench bleed the master otherwise you'll just be chasing your tail.

X2, X4, X8.............There's a reason why all shop manuals tell you to bench bleed a new master.

Okay found the issue. The front passenger was not getting fluid so I took the wheel cylinder off cleaned and reinstalled it and all is good now. Just need to adjust the self adjusters.

Jhdeval, how did you make out after adjusting the self adjustors? I am having the same issue,. I do have minimal pedal, so I believe I need to adjust the self adjustors.

-
Back