1 5/8 headers

-
I did t see the primary size listed ether that’s why I posted that up hoping you knew. No worries either way. The Hedman’s @ 1-7/8 will be good for most street applications for the Big Block.

Thanks
My thoughts exactly. If my 383 is hot enough to test the limits of the Hedmans, I’ll gladly fork out the $1k+ on the big TTI’s.

My thoughts exactly. If my 383 is hot enough to test the limits of the Hedmans, I’ll gladly fork out the $1k+ on the big TTI’s.
We ran 2" Hooker fenderwell and 1 3/4" Hedman on potent stock stroke 383/400 B wedges and didn't see much difference in power.

Between header tube sizes, did you notice any changes in efficiency anywhere?
I’ve also noted that a larger header tube normally makes more power but a lot depends on the combo. Often the difference is hard to feel/notice unless your a racer at the track consistently monitoring your runs.

Back to small block talk here for a minute… LOL../

I personally can’t stand the everyday seen design of the 1-5/8 header. For myself, the Summit Racing header has consistently fit best and has the added bonus of a thicker 3/8 flange. Longer bolts needed there FWIW.

On my ‘79 Magnum, I ran with the Hooker Super Comps @ 1-3/4. I haven’t really noticed a difference on the low powered 360. (That’s about to mildly change) But the fitment is much much better than the 1-5/8. Darn shame there equal length headers.

yes, they only make them this way. Looking at them, they appear generous, size wise.
my Bloomer heads were fine even with the smaller ( it would appear to me) Doug’s headers openings
I can’t imagine these wouldn’t work.
I know the Bloomers have a bigger intake port than Trickflows, but I didn’t/ haven’t measured my exhaust ports

The intake port short side on the Bloomer heads looks very impressive to me but I'm not even close to knowing what I'm looking at .

I'd like to help, but I don't think I've ever had headers as small as 1 5/8.

Wait. Maybe on my four banger vega.......
Lol, my '74 4 banger Vega didn't last long enough to put headers on it.

Lol, my '74 4 banger Vega didn't last long enough to put headers on it.
Mine didn't go 40k before I was putting gear oil in the crankcase. Made pintos look brilliant. (Mine ended up with a nitrous 327, 7500 rpm, turbo 350, narrowed 8 3/4 with 4.56s. Ran okay......)

And the engine swap headers were bigger than 1 5/8......

A good friend of mine had 1 3/4" headers with 3" on his '73 dart sport with a built 360. He finally went with 1 5/8" long tube headers from Doug's and a 2 1/2" exhaust system and it ran a lot better. Bigger is not always better.
Ran Appliance Headers 1.5" w/2.5" collectors , 2.5" pipe w/ Walker Turbo mufflers and end out in front of the tires in my B300 72' maxi van fully loaded with ceiling and wall panels, carpeting and rear seats with a 70' 340. Ran GREAT, 5,000lb, high 15's at 90mph.

-
Back