1967 Cuda FB project

-
How hot could it have been?? Where I live it's 90-95 degrees 7 months out of the year, then in the summer it get REALLY HOT!! Summer days are usually 95 percent humidity.

Treblig

I guess you have to imagine being strapped down in a small cockpit with the windows closed and heat pouring in through the firewall (off the engine) while wearing a helmet.

No "f"in way, Dude. lol You can live there in the summer, I'll let ya!!!!:realcrazy::rofl:

I grew up in El Paso, TX. Most of the summer is over 100, with a few weeks over 110 and usually a few patches of days above 115. Those of us in Texas really do not know better. First six years I drove cars none of them had A/C. In the late 80's I did Army NBC school / training there at Ft. Bliss. Temperatures that week ranged between 105 and 110F. The NBC MOP suit was a heavy black rubber suit, ideal for the heat. At least the desert out in El Paso was blessed with low humidity. In 1993 I spent some time building a 60' tall cooling tower at a steel mill in Seguin, TX. 95% humidity, 100F+. No shade. Couple times an hour they would poor the slag out on the ground next to the tower retaining wall. The humidity would drop to almost 0 and the temperature would shoot up 40-50F for a minute. Just sat there in the tower and soaked in the comfort of the open oven door, then the wave of humidity would come back in and it was time to get back to it...

I guess you have to imagine being strapped down in a small cockpit with the windows closed and heat pouring in through the firewall (off the engine) while wearing a helmet.

Yes, being strapped in a hot car in the hot sun would make things worse. At least we have a nice sea breeze, the temps are high and the humidity is high but as long as there a slight breeze it's quite tolerable. I love it!!
I lived in Cheyenne Wy, for 3 years....THOUGH I WAS GONNA DIE!!! I made a promise to myself to never live up North. If it gets below 80 degrees I'm not comfortable.

treblig

Yes, being strapped in a hot car in the hot sun would make things worse. At least we have a nice sea breeze, the temps are high and the humidity is high but as long as there a slight breeze it's quite tolerable. I love it!!
I lived in Cheyenne Wy, for 3 years....THOUGH I WAS GONNA DIE!!! I made a promise to myself to never live up North. If it gets below 80 degrees I'm not comfortable.

treblig

The older I've gotten the less tolerance I've had for temperature extremes. I think I've gotten to the point where there are only 2 days a year when I don't feel like grumbling about either the heat or the cold.

Yea but but the dry heat means our junkyards are chock full of virtually rust free sheetmetal. I can wrench off bolts in my local boneyards that have been in place 40 plus years and never have to grab a can of WD40. Cars and trucks out here are not junked because of rustout, but because they are "wornout". Its pretty common to see a nice looking 10-15-20 year old car or truck in my local boneyard with over 350,000 miles on it. Now we can sure tell a rustbelt car, or a "coastal car" from the gulf coast them things are all clapped out. Granted out here the plastics and vinyls dont hold up too well, but ya cant have everything.

Well, that part sucks.:lol:

I can't wait to get back to the car. It's killin' me. I have some other projects that need tending to and they're just taking up too much time. :BangHead::mad::mob:

I can't wait to get back to the car. It's killin' me. I have some other projects that need tending to and they're just taking up too much time. :BangHead::mad::mob:

I think it's been about 5 years since you posted any progress!

I don't have any room to talk, but I do miss all that pro fabing. you always impress. Not so much with your crappy writing skills, but with your craftsmanship with metal, like an artist. You know the one. The guy that puts the nose on side of the face and leaves off an ear. L.O.L. SURE do miss your posts

Thanks guys!!! This weekend will be the second to last trip to take care of my parents "estate". Still so many things to do because it's summertime here. I have been going over ideas in my head even tho no work on Cuda.
Sometimes it's good to sit back and reason things out with a build. :)

Alright, let's not loose focused on who were badgering now. It's important to stay focused so that Franken Cuda gets some love soon. My project is stalled because of money, not old laziness like our Franken Cuda buddy. L.O.L!!! Of course you know I'm joking about the Old part... :poke::rofl:

Alright, let's not loose focused on who were badgering now. It's important to stay focused so that Franken Cuda gets some love soon. My project is stalled because of money, not old laziness like our Franken Cuda buddy. L.O.L!!! Of course you know I'm joking about the Old part... :poke::rofl:

I dunno. The 'old' reference is pretty accurate. I'm beginning to wonder if Frankencuda actually exists. It's like one of those urban legends already. Maybe Mitch has been photo-shopping all along. With all the new CGI graphics nowadays maybe SNKEBIT is just a figment of someone's imagination. I'm beginning to smell government conspiracy!

the plot thickens...

I dunno. The 'old' reference is pretty accurate. I'm beginning to wonder if Frankencuda actually exists. It's like one of those urban legends already. Maybe Mitch has been photo-shopping all along. With all the new CGI graphics nowadays maybe SNKEBIT is just a figment of someone's imagination. I'm beginning to smell government conspiracy!
He could be a collection of Hillary's basement, bathroom closet computer servers trying to distract us and keep us focused on anything but her. Notice the timing of it all. It's either that or he IS Old and forgot that he has an audience that needs their fix of car ****.

He could be a collection of Hillary's basement, bathroom closet computer servers trying to distract us and keep us focused on anything but her. Notice the timing of it all. It's either that or he IS Old and forgot that he has an audience that needs their fix of car ****.

Ya, the signs are all there. The DNC probably has their fingerprints all over this. - But then again...

-
Back