1969 Dodge Dart Pro-Street 440

-
The car kinda over heats when she's sitting still so I'm going to try and add something to it to help out.

Also the damn trans gasket crapped itself so I'm installing a pan with a drain plug and a new gasket to fix that once and for all

IMG_0884.JPG

Got a new mirror today. Bbbuuttt it don't look the same does it?

IMG_0895.JPG

The new one is made of plastic and is black. Oh well at least the glass is not shot like the OG one

IMG_0896.JPG

Got screws from a 70 rt charger and screwed it to the roof. Just enough room around the roll cage

IMG_0897.JPG

Well it's official. I have a street legal 1100hp monster.

I've never drive a car with this much power, but I got to drive it home.

It's so! So! Over powered, it's like driving a skateboard with a 360 on the back. Manual steering and brakes with no seat padding. Lol not a comfy ride but it turns heads like a naked chic

View attachment 1715019598

That F'ing AWESOME!!!!

Well took the car to work today. Went half throttle in 2nd gear and the exhaust pressure broke the welds for the mufflers. Shot them out the back of the car and took the tips with it !

Then she did a wheelie and pinched the driver side exhaust crushed it. And ripped it off the car

So happy and so mad. Still shaking hahaha

IMG_0901.JPG

One thing I think might have been wrong was I used smal tans of sheet steel to hold the mufflers in, now I'm cutting in and using 1/8". Should b way stronger

IMG_0903.JPG

Maybe the welds were too cold to hold the tabs. The sheer strength of a 1/8" river is over 400 lbs. two of them should do the trick

IMG_0904.JPG

Drove her to her first car show. Drew a big crowd when I pulled in. And got to meet a bunch of fellow dart guys!

IMG_0911.JPG

Well with the roll cage and frame connectors I thought the body was solid. But I guess not. There's a crack in the paint where the body seam is by the trunk. Uugh back to the paint shop I guess

IMG_0919.JPG

Took the car to a car show in San Antonio . Won top 30 cars! But lost mangers choice award to a 55 Chevy truck.

Oh well

On the plus side the temp gauge stayed under 200 in stop and go traffic. It's 93 and sunny so I'll call that a half a win, I still need becool to get me new fans I think

IMG_1048.JPG

Good to see you getting it out brother. Car is looking great!

Well all moved and settled back in the new house!

Now back to work!!!

This is my own invention lol idk if it will work or not. But I needed a vent system for the gas tank. The ones that are ontop sit flush against the bottom of the trunk so no options there.

So I got two bulkhead fitting to two 90* elbows I'm going to run to those one way check valves. The KnN air filters will keep the gastank from gaccuming up everything on the street... or at least I think that's how it's going to work.... or should work.

IMG_1169.JPG

I'm getting super good at making Jose ends. A few more and we can put it in the car!!

IMG_1171.JPG

Son of a bbbbbbbbiiitttchhhhhhh

I forgot to measure for the trunk hinges!!!! The dam vents are in the same exact position. Looks great but I'll never be able to close the trunk.

Bshah$&;@*{%]*\=*}€>]€ndbskzh

IMG_1173.JPG

-
Back