Status
Not open for further replies.

SC69DART

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
Hi FABO members,

Im trying to get an idea of what this car is worth as a roller and thought you guys could help me out.
This was a 440 car, very fun daily driver.
Im moving on to old Power Wagons!

The car is missing:
Engine, Transmission, and 3rd Member.

What it does have:
fiberglass front fenders
fiberglass hemi-hood
original steel hood
new aluminum rims
new MT S/T Radial Tires
new 3" Header back exhaust system with turbo mufflers
Hurst Quarterstick Shifter
Mini-Tubbed
Cal-Tracs
Frame Tied
New Mopar leaf springs, inboard 3"
new poly spring bushings
gauge panel removed for restoration, included
bucket seats in good shape, no tears, a little flat, could use new foam
back seat in fine shape, no tears
headliner, (1) 1" tear, the rest looks fine.
12gal fuel cell, holley blue pump, holley regulator, fram fuel filter
stainless fuel line, cell to engine bay
relocated battery with cut off switch
new gas-adjust shocks
brakes work fine, no leaks
dirveshaft safety loop
new grant steering wheel
heater box intact but removed
wipers work ok, no park though.
all door panels and kick panels included
doors in great shape, close well
lights and wiring, no issues
(1) rust area in trunk, ~2"
(1) rust area on drivers side front floor pan, ~3"
both spots were patched years ago and treated with POR15, they look fine.
manual steering box, looks to be at the end of it's adjustment but it worked fine for me
K-Frame is a little beat up, probably from a previous owner engine swap?
Dash has pad cover on it, lifting in 2 spots slightly, hard to notice but it is.
Floor pan is "solid" except for the small repair patch and holes drilled over the years for different seat arrangements.
Carpet is in good condition.

Someone could put an engine, trans, and 3rd member in this car and drive it as is, it did just fine.

dsc0009463.jpg

dsc0011465.jpg

dsc0012466.jpg

dsc0007461.jpg

dsc0006460.jpg

dsc0004458.jpg

dsc0014468.jpg

So, let me know what you all think a good asking price for this 69 roller would be.

Merry Christmas to all.

Thats wild! You have done some amazing work, my Dart looks like scrap metal compared to those cars, ugh, so far away. Mine will never be a show car but your right, it is pretty cool looking, I was trying to keep it subtle because around here people steal flashy muscle cars. I tried to make it a little "mad max" without going to altered. I will post a picture of the DODGE stencil I did in the back stripe on both sides, it turned out really good.
Thanks for your input, I have to think long and hard about this because sitting in a 57 power wagon just wont feel the same.

while i am not downing the car, but 5-7k without drivetrain? what are you guys smoking?lmao nah, just kidding bout that.
but back to the price. alot of people look at it this way. if they pay 5k for it, and then another 5k into engine/trans/3rd member, then that is 10k, for not much more, they can buy a nice already done one. i would say in the economy 3500-4 grand tops.

while i am not downing the car, but 5-7k without drivetrain? what are you guys smoking?lmao nah, just kidding bout that.
but back to the price. alot of people look at it this way. if they pay 5k for it, and then another 5k into engine/trans/3rd member, then that is 10k, for not much more, they can buy a nice already done one. i would say in the economy 3500-4 grand tops.

I would 2nd that opinion.

35 tops and it probably won't sell fast

You will prolly have a hard time selling for 5k... 3k would be a more reasonable price.

Thanks,

This really helps me out a lot. I suppose Im hoping there is a guy out there with all the parts in his garage hoping a little Dart shows up on here, not so much the guy that says "damn, Id have to get an engine, trans, and 3rd member!!".

The big question is...do I want to sell it for any price?
I appreciate everyones input and now with that in mind will think.

I'd go 3 grand .. it would cost me another $500 plus to get it back to NY .. but it would be worth it cause up here its a little harder to find nice ones ..AND I defiantly agree about the economy putting a damper on everything...just sold a very nice Chebby ( for Mopar fanatics ) at a low price because not many people are spending money on hobby cars ... hmmmmm a trip to S.Carolina in January sounds like a good WARM road trip ...I'll take 40 degrees and a look at the sun ... $3000 here

Depends how fast you wanna move it. A lot of people plan on waiting to sell their stuff until springtime for people to recover from Xmas and get their tax returns at least. I guess $3K is fair, but don't be surprised if it doesn't sell. That car seems to be set up as a race car pretty much and that's a narrow market, especially now. If you reassembled the interior, that would probably help a lot.

just a question, you state it was a 440 car, is this an M code car? or someone had a 440 in it?

I can do that, I will put the panels on sometime next week. I had everything out to sound proof the doors and I painted the floor with POR15, good stuff!
I mean 3K wouldnt be awful, I should put a set of steelies on it because the 1300 in rims and tires sucks to let roll away. Im thinking I will put the car on ebay with a 10,000 reserve and see how high people go, after that I have to make up my mind. Maybe next summer would be a better time, your right about Christmas...ugh man what was I thinking, 6 kids (that I know of!), hey! Im good at it! Merry Christmas to all.

if i were you i would move the battery to the other side so its doing its job...

there is a reason for the placement...

Attachments

• DSCN1447.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 1,325
Yeah, I did set the reserve a little high because Im not sold on selling it yet...if that makes any sense. In regards to the battery location, it was there when I bought the car and never really gave it any thought, it was just my daily driver and I enjoyed it. Im looking forward to playing with old power wagons now, 41'-56', they look pretty tough when you get them set up right. I guess I could find another big block but then I would need a trans and 3rd member too....yep I'd make more money out of it but ugh, the thought of dropping a motor in, especially a lame one just to sell it would hurt, if I put anything less than 500 HP in her she would throw it up! Make some popcorn and watch the auction...Im guessing it will max out at $2500.

Im considering letting the 3rd member go with it, its a 489 case with 3.73 Sure Grip, everything is less than 6 months old in it, spider gear set, ring&pinion, bearings..everything. I have almost $1500 in it, I bought it worn out for $500 and had it brought back to life, it works perfect. I just figured it wouldnt add $1500 to the value of the car so I might as well hang onto it. Any thoughs on that?

Ebay: The dart is up to $200! awsome!

Im considering letting the 3rd member go with it, its a 489 case with 3.73 Sure Grip, everything is less than 6 months old in it, spider gear set, ring&pinion, bearings..everything. I have almost $1500 in it, I bought it worn out for $500 and had it brought back to life, it works perfect. I just figured it wouldnt add $1500 to the value of the car so I might as well hang onto it. Any thoughs on that?

Dang dude, is this a "hafta sell" deal? Yeesh, hate to see people take such a haircut on their projects. Sounds like a bitchin' (and pricey) 3rd member! You know, everything is worth more "parted out", but since there's no engine or trans, you'll definitely have to sell those rims so you won't lose your azz.

I think your making the right move keeping the third member if you think you'll use it in the future. But it will still be like pulling teeth getting someone to buy it for more than $800.00 off the car. It just sucks to sell anything right now.

Up here a clean roller with that much work already done is worth 7K all day long. If the body is as good as it looks.....it's worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back