1970 Swinger Build Thread (PURISTS BEWARE)

-
I already posted this in my other thread, but since this has more information in it about the LS, k figured it would be fitting here as well. I made my first of hopefully many YouTube videos sitting the LS and G3 Hemi side by side and comparing parts and dimensions. Let me know what you think! Hopefully someone will find the information in it useful for their project!

Interesting video, but bottom line, the difference is in the heads... The HEMI flows better out of the box...

interesting video....can't believe how little you guys pay for later model engines....in Australia an LS can be had in running condition for less than 2k, but a Hemi, 5-10k...little wonder people are going LS...but don't people loose their **** over it!!

interesting video....can't believe how little you guys pay for later model engines....in Australia an LS can be had in running condition for less than 2k, but a Hemi, 5-10k...little wonder people are going LS...but don't people loose their **** over it!!
I'll sell you a hemi cheaper than that lol

By the way, the LS swap is not my cup of tea but I can certainly appreciate the work and the good old fashioned hot rodding know how that is going into this build, VERY nice work! I will be watching to see how this turns out.

Ive got the a couple days off from work this week so I'm hoping to get some more progress done then. So far I've got the 1/4 and rocker cut off the driversd side. I still need to get some adhesive and then I will be glueing and welding the new panels back on. I will try to get a step by step video of that process as well

Good to see you're reconsidering engines. I have nothing bad to say about the LS deal. Like many have said already, it's modern day hot rodding. Your car your choice. As someone who has done the Hemi swap, you're gonna love it! Keep up the good work!

-
Back