1972 duster front suspension out of Wack.

-

scott hoffman

Reaction score
Hi this is Scott, I need some help figuring out what I need to do to the syspention to correct what is wrong, this was an old father sun project that stalled out I got for a very reasonable price, it was originaly a slant 6, but now has a good running 360 in it. I do not know if the tortion bars are still the slant 6 bars, The car was converted from manual drum small bolt to the larger bolk disk. The issue is the tires thought out of alignment seem to pitch out while driving, both sides but mostly on the drivers side. so my friend and I lifted on both sides under the fenders and the tires slid back to what would seem the rite position. to me i think the ride hite is to high and plan to lower the rear using lowering blocks, and front by turing down the bars at some point. Thanks for any input.

DSCN2496.JPG

DSCN2497.JPG

DSCN2499.JPG

DSCN2501.JPG

DSCN2502.JPG

DSCN2504.JPG

If you changed from SBP drums to BB disks you need to get an alignment. The components are different enough that suspension geometry changes occur. Also, raising and lowering the car with the torsion bar adjusters changes the alignment by itself. So if you raise or lower the car any significant amount you need to get an alignment. Looks like the toe is off quite a bit.

The car does seem to be sitting pretty high, especially in the back. More than likely the leaf springs have been swapped out, or leafs added, etc. That's not a stock ride height in the back. If you're planning on lowering the car in the front, you need to figure out what torsion bars you have. If you have the /6 torsion bars you'll have to go bigger if you plan on using the torsion bar adjusters to lower the car, otherwise you'll bottom the suspension on every little bump in the road.

-
Back