308 heads at summit

-
Remanufactured. No new parts other than valve seals and core plugs. Only out of spec parts are replaced. The most basic of valve job, possibly knurled guides. New guide liners only as needed. Factor in the cost for new springs and setup at a minimum if using a performance cam. Strictly a stock replacement work truck head.

Last edited:
They also offer create 360’s long blocks @ just over 2K.

Exhaust rotators, too. But not too far off from the going rate for crack free 308 heads.

Go with the Aero Heads at Indy Cylinder Head. New stainless steel 2.02 intakes 1.60 ex, new valve guides, new valve springs for 509 lift $600. And they should be like $50 off at the Indy cylinder head swap meet at the first of March.

I got the 308 with the 2.02 intake valves At the swap meet a couple years ago for $500.

Last edited:
Indy Aeroheads

Chrysler LA Small Block Assembled – New 318 LA and Magnum Castings Avail. (Add $200.00)
ARO-CY-SB318 1968-1987 318 A-Engine Heads, 1.88X1.60 Stainless Valves (2.02 Int. Valve Not Available) 67-70cc Open Chamber Design, .509” Lift Springs........................... 399.00

ARO-CY-SB340 1968-1987 340-360 A-Engine 1.88X1.60 SS Valves, (2.02 Int. Valve add $100.00) 67-70cc Open Chamber Design, .509” Lift Springs, 160cc In. Port Volume........ 499.00

ARO-CY-SB915 Head-Same Features as Above 340-360 but Utilizes Select #915 or #587 Castings with a Larger Intake Port Volume ...
.................................................. 699.00

ARO-CY-SB202 New LA Heads 2.02X1.60 SS Valves Hard Ex Seats 64cc Open Chamber 166cc Int Volume 59cc Ex Volume .525 Lift Springs ................................. 895.00

Last edited:
IIRC the 308's are the bigger port versions of the closed chamber 302 heads?

IIRC the 308's are the bigger port versions of the closed chamber 302 heads?
Bigger Port bigger valve and they are open chamber.
I think the only thing the 302 head and the 308 head have in common is they both bolt onto the small block Mopar and they both came out at about the same time.
The 308 head with its open chamber far out preforms the 302 head with its closed chamber.

To edit this, both heads also have the huge push rod hole for use with the roller cam Motors.

Last edited:
Are they loaded for that? ( comes with valve and springs) And I'm thinking 700 a piece in other words 1400... ? :)
If you're talking about the speedmasters that's $700 for a pair loaded on Black Friday.
The Indy areo heads have no core charge as far as I know.

If you're talking about the speedmasters that's $700 for a pair loaded on Black Friday.
The Indy areo heads have no core charge as far as I know.
$650 a set, for the pair, not per head. Core needed to retain that price. If you don’t have a code to send back on that 1:1 basis, add $260 to the total price.

$322 per head, $644 for a set of heads, $904 with no core return.

If you have no cores to return & for the sake of argument we will consider the heads done right. The question becomes, are these heads, for you the end user, worth $904?

$650 a set, for the pair, not per head. Core needed to retain that price. If you don’t have a code to send back on that 1:1 basis, add $260 to the total price.

$322 per head, $644 for a set of heads, $904 with no core return.

If you have no cores to return & for the sake of argument we will consider the heads done right. The question becomes, are these heads, for you the end user, worth $904?

Not I, sir, not I.

I have always liked the Edelbrocks I think the Speed masters are copies of. Is there used Edelbrocks around or do they wear out where they are unusable. I never see them used anywhere.

Last edited:
I have always liked the Edelbrocks I think the Spoeed masters are copies of. Is there used Edelbrocks around or do they wear out where they are unusable. I never see them used anywhere.
IMO, I think the thing is the Edelbrock head is a pretty good head for what it’s designed for and of course does really well when ported. This we all pretty much know.

With that in mind, they’re also pretty easy to repair. There’s no much sense in getting rid of them for the most part if you’re not moving up the scale on head flow and performance. So it’s better to keep them and repair them most of the time.

This is the reason in my head you don’t see them often up for sale.

I was just checking Summit. It appears Edelbrock and Speed master are in the same ball park. price wise.. although the black Friday Speedmaster deal looks good its half price. I would think get Edelbrock while ya can they may get priced out of business. It is difficult to tell what the deal is but instinctively I'd go Edelbrock and pay the extra cabbage.

I bought a pair of the 65cc bare Speedmaster LA heads this past Black Friday for $559 shipped (they forgot to charge sales tax). The assembled heads were closer to $1,200/pr at that time.

What valves and springs fit in them? are they specific or is it chevy size stems vs Mopar etc. OR do you just machine them for what you want? Also do the rocker shafts bolt up if you want stock valvetrain? it would be kind of nice to buy bare castings and swap OEM valves into it untill you can upgrade.

My experience with speedmaster black Friday was interesting. UNBELIEVABLE deal on some c-word parts, took forever to actually get them, I think they were hoping I would cancel the order. Really nice parts when they finally arrived.
Depending on what is on sale/available at their BF sale, I would buy whatever small Mopar stuff they had, bare, complete, cnc naked, whatever! (That is, if you can wait)

For someone who could upgrade the valve job themselves, the SUmmit heads might be a good start.

My experience with speedmaster black Friday was interesting. UNBELIEVABLE deal on some c-word parts, took forever to actually get them, I think they were hoping I would cancel the order. Really nice parts when they finally arrived.
Depending on what is on sale/available at their BF sale, I would buy whatever small Mopar stuff they had, bare, complete, cnc naked, whatever! (That is, if you can wait)
I had mine within a week! I was pretty surprised by that.

I had mine within a week! I was pretty surprised by that.
Ordered mine on Thanksgiving night (its Friday somewhere!). Recieved middle of February after multiple calls and emails. (BUT! I got a pair of big port bbc heads complete, single plane highrise intake, cast valve covers, roller rockers, gaskets, for under $900)

-
Back