308 heads at summit

-
$650 a set, for the pair, not per head. Core needed to retain that price. If you don’t have a code to send back on that 1:1 basis, add $260 to the total price.

$322 per head, $644 for a set of heads, $904 with no core return.

If you have no cores to return & for the sake of argument we will consider the heads done right. The question becomes, are these heads, for you the end user, worth $904?
Which heads are you talking about for $650? The summit heads are a stock valve job refresh with a core charge. I don't see a core charge on the Aero heads but I maybe blinded by the quality and price.

These with 2.02 are $599.
ARO-CY-SB340 1968-1987 340-360 A-Engine 1.88X1.60 SS Valves, (2.02 Int. Valve add $100.00) 67-70cc Open Chamber Design, .509” Lift Springs, 160cc In. Port Volume........ 499.00

Which heads are you talking about for $650? The summit heads are a stock valve job refresh with a core charge. I don't see a core charge on the Aero heads but I maybe blinded by the quality and price.

These with 2.02 are $599.
ARO-CY-SB340 1968-1987 340-360 A-Engine 1.88X1.60 SS Valves, (2.02 Int. Valve add $100.00) 67-70cc Open Chamber Design, .509” Lift Springs, 160cc In. Port Volume........ 499.00
The Summit heads are $650 a pair.

Well I think the arrowheads are the better deal at 599 with the 202 intakes. You do still have to open up the bowl under the intake valve. What they did was they fitted it for the 202 valves but they didn't open it up underneath. For $499 you would be getting the heads with 1.88 ss intake the ss 1.6 ex valves, the new guides, new springs, new seals and light surface mill. A far better deal I think than a stock valve job for $650 and a core at summit.

JMHO that I highly value.

Last edited:
Are the aeroheads available ? Last time I talked to Indy I was told they were N/A.

IIRC the 308's are the bigger port versions of the closed chamber 302 heads?
It is a 360 intake port and w2'ish exhaust port. It is NOT a bigger port version 302.

The 308 head has better exhaust ports raised up floors then a 302 head. It also does not have a closed chamber like a 302 head it is its own head in fact people say it is a j intake port with a smaller W-2 styled exhaust port.

They are $386.99 after core charge
So after tax...a pair will run around $850.00.

Who wants to spend $850 on a stock head with all stock Parts with the exception of new exhaust valves, no hardened seats, no performance Springs Etc.
However... if you need a single head....it's a lifesaver. I have one good 308 head and I also have a pair I have already ported to 273 cfm @2.02/1.60 that are still 3/8 and #were with a semi tulip 2.02 340 valve...so they might flow a touch better with a nail head valve.

Chrysler LA Small Block Assembled – New 318 LA and Magnum Castings Avail. (Add $200.00)
ARO-CY-SB318 1968-1987 318 A-Engine Heads, 1.88X1.60 Stainless Valves (2.02 Int. Valve Not Available) 67-70cc Open Chamber Design, .509” Lift Springs........................... 399.00

ARO-CY-SB915 Head-Same Features as Above 340-360 but Utilizes Select #915 or #587 Castings with a Larger Intake Port Volume ...
.................................................. 699.00

ARO-CY-SB202 New LA Heads 2.02X1.60 SS Valves Hard Ex Seats 64cc Open Chamber 166cc Int Volume 59cc Ex Volume .525 Lift Springs ................................. 895.00
Just what is it you are quoting, here?

thought them airoheads were n/a for afew years now?? just posted the 308s cause some folks like them and cant find them in yards no more and if thay do chances of being cracked is good! these heads seem fair priced and im sure ant cracked, some people need to understand not every body wants or needs the baddest new aluminum heads,..or build the highest hp ether,..some times just a good healthy sbm is good enuff!!

Last edited:
thought them airoheads were n/a for afew years now?? just posted the 308s cause some times just a good healthy sbm is good enuff!!
I agree.
If I didn't live in the city Id probably be happier with less power. Everyone's running around here in beemer super flagship porsches Corvettes Mercedes teslames...even the range rover is at 485hp.. and they ALL think they own the road......till a little 67 4spd valiant reminds them they are merely walking logs of **** driving plastic turd mobiles.

thought them airoheads were n/a for afew years now?? just posted the 308s cause some folks like them and cant find them in yards no more and if thay do chances of being cracked is good! these heads seem fair priced and im sure ant cracked, some people need to understand not every body wants or needs the baddest new aluminum heads,..or build the highest hp ether,..some times just a good healthy sbm is good enuff!!
It's been a year or so ago I was talking to the lady that bought Indy cylinder head. And we were talking about the new La heads that they had cast about the time I guess that they bought the company. I also asked her if they were going to come back out with the LAX and the Max heads. And if I remember correctly she said yes they were. I see them listed on that Aerohead sheet. So I'm assuming that is a current sheet or they wouldn't have it out there on their website. But I will try next week to call since I got a flyer for the swap meet and I need to pay for a space.

It's been a year or so ago I was talking to the lady that bought Indy cylinder head. And we were talking about the new La heads that they had cast about the time I guess that they bought the company. I also asked her if they were going to come back out with the LAX and the Max heads. And if I remember correctly she said yes they were. I see them listed on that Aerohead sheet. So I'm assuming that is a current sheet or they wouldn't have it out there on their website. But I will try next week to call since I got a flyer for the swap meet and I need to pay for a space.
Can you ask if they still have the aluminum B block available. thanks

I would hardly consider the speedmaster heads to be the baddest new aluminum heads LOL..
It's just what the op was considering in post number one for $650 reconditioned heads... plus $65 each core charge... For $700 to the door a brand new set of aluminum heads fully loaded... not to set his world on fire but just a good smart economical choice...

Once again, you’ll do iron heads because you want iron heads.

LOL and you have a perversion for grinding on crapola, nasty assed iron.
This is incorrect and nothing I said above would lead anyone to that conclusion. Including prior posts in any thread save the W2 head AND unless the person wants to grind on a set of OEM heads, which I don’t encourage but…. If the poster can grind on the heads himself or does t mind spending the money, then I say, you gotta wanna do it.
I grew out of that phase of my life quite a few squares back.
How you see that I haven’t is beyond me. Perhaps the whole reply above isn’t to me?

This is incorrect and nothing I said above would lead anyone to that conclusion. Including prior posts in any thread save the W2 head AND unless the person wants to grind on a set of OEM heads, which I don’t encourage but…. If the poster can grind on the heads himself or does t mind spending the money, then I say, you gotta wanna do it.

How you see that I haven’t is beyond me. Perhaps the whole reply above isn’t to me?

That was not directed at you as in YOU personally, it was you as in you generally, the people who grind on cast iron. Hence the LOL.

Last edited:
It is a 360 intake port and w2'ish exhaust port. It is NOT a bigger port version 302.

The 308 head has better exhaust ports raised up floors then a 302 head. It also does not have a closed chamber like a 302 head it is its own head in fact people say it is a j intake port with a smaller W-2 styled exhaust port.

They are $386.99 after core charge
So after tax...a pair will run around $850.00.

Who wants to spend $850 on a stock head with all stock Parts with the exception of new exhaust valves, no hardened seats, no performance Springs Etc.
However... if you need a single head....it's a lifesaver. I have one good 308 head and I also have a pair I have already ported to 273 cfm @2.02/1.60 that are still 3/8 and #were with a semi tulip 2.02 340 valve...so they might flow a touch better with a nail head valve.
You're still porting iron, right? still putting out good numbers, right? :thumbsup:

That was directed at you as in YOU personally, it was you as in you generally, the people who grind on cast iron. Hence the LOL.
Then you would be incorrect with the exception of a W2 head.

Then you would be incorrect with the exception of a W2 head.

Bad typing on my part and I didn’t proof read my above post before I sent it. Let me try again.

My post wasn’t about YOU in particular but you in general. That’s what I was trying to say.

My bad for not getting it clear in the first post and jacking it up in the second post.

And I edited my post above to correct that.

@Rat Bastid

Ummmmmm, Ooooo-kayyyyyy I think…. So…

Your still making fun of me for grinding on iron heads then?

Just wanna get this straight!

-
Back