-
DSC01795.JPG

DSC01796.JPG

DSC01800.JPG

DSC01801.JPG

DSC01912.JPG

DSC02047.JPG

DSC02092.JPG

Engine finally fired up! I switched to roller rockers, changed a few other things, relocated the oil filter, fitted lifter valley baffle and oil pan baffle, etc etc. Now I have to break it in, setup the carb, fuel, ignition timing.

I've done some work to the shell of the car also, started welding in some reinforcement plates, got my rollcage test fitted, etc. The rear driver side frame rail needs an alignment though so the car will be going to a shop in a few weeks, and then I'll weld in the cage and all the chassis, test fit the engine, trans, suspensions, brakes, etc before painting the car.

That engine stand is sick. Do you think when you have time we can talk about how you built it and how you wired up the engine to test it? I am sure others may even want to make it a sticky

Done a lot of work over the past months, trying to get it on the road for Dream Cruise :

I finished my front suspension with rebuilt and reinforced LCAs, new tubular UCAs, etc etc.
View attachment 1715067902

View attachment 1715067910

I also welded the torque boxes under the car, and reinforcement plates for the rollcage

View attachment 1715067911

View attachment 1715067903

View attachment 1715067904

I've also started getting the body down to bare metal, with some bad surprises... driver side fender is bad, lots of rust behind the wheel (and patch panel was made of shitty metal from Taiwan, impossible to weld...)

View attachment 1715067905

View attachment 1715067906

View attachment 1715067907

I also shaved some weight off the trunk, and cleaned the doors and trunk too

View attachment 1715067912

View attachment 1715067913

View attachment 1715067914

And I relocated the shock plates on the 8-3/4 rear end back to their original position.

View attachment 1715067915
The swiss cheese idea on the trunk is a great idea. I've only thought about cutting out the inner shell and just leaving the exterior shell. This would leave you with a completely stock looking exterior but a lot less weight too

Walkaround of the entire build.

My friend showed me this build. Overall it's freaking sweet, but 7700rpm with stock pistons, rods and crank has me wanting to know the rest because if so that's a build I'd like to replicate.

My friend showed me this build. Overall it's freaking sweet, but 7700rpm with stock pistons, rods and crank has me wanting to know the rest because if so that's a build I'd like to replicate.
stock crank and rods, all blueprinted and balanced with KB hypereutectic domed pistons. Theoretically, it could rev to 8k and above but the torque and power curves don't really improve at higher RPMs so no real gain with lots of potential failures...

stock crank and rods, all blueprinted and balanced with KB hypereutectic domed pistons. Theoretically, it could rev to 8k and above but the torque and power curves don't really improve at higher RPMs so no real gain with lots of potential failures...
What cam and valvetrain are you using? If you don't mind!

Inconel and titanium valves (0.1" bigger OD on both), Harland Sharp CNC roller rockers, ported and polished heads, currently a Thumpr cam but will update to Isky custom cam.

Inconel and titanium valves (0.1" bigger OD on both), Harland Sharp CNC roller rockers, ported and polished heads, currently a Thumpr cam but will update to Isky custom cam.
Did you do any oiling mods?

Love the car! Saw it on Instagram and was looking for more details, so I was pleasantly surprised to see your thread here.

Do you have pictures of the rear link suspension? You mention a 3-link and that's something I'd like to do someday.

Thanks.

4 link, triangulated, not 3 link. I didn't want to have to use a watts link or a panhard.

SRT_DSTRHOLC, i have a high flow high pressure oil pump mod, lifter valley baffle, oil sump baffle too, and did the left to right cylinder bank oil tube mod as well when I built the block.

In the end, I'll probably do a dry sump setup but that requiresquite some custom work that I wasn't willing to do just yet.

When do you plan on taking her to the track and seeing how she does?

@yotah1, nice powder coating. Are you a hobbyist of professional? I've been powder coating for about 18 years. I just do it in my garage with a 3'x3'x6' oven. It's a money making hobby to me. You do really good work.

Hobby, but working on turning this into some sort of a business (mostly designing cars for other shops while I do my own builds). I outsourced the powdercoating these past few years as the Techshop where I used to PC my parts has closed :(

Well, considering that I live in Detroit, I'm using someone local rather than shipping parts to get powdercoated , but her work looks great nevertheless.

Well, considering that I live in Detroit, I'm using someone local rather than shipping parts to get powdercoated , but her work looks great nevertheless.

I appreciate your loyalty @mosleyme and the kind compliments @yotah1! If your customers ever need something special, consider opening a PirateShip.com account. It will save up to 89% over counter prices at UPS and the USPS, and has already saved mine over $400 in just a few months.
Today I prepared labels for three heavily insured boxes totalling almost 40 pounds -- a Street Dominator ($20.09), a pair of custom big block valve covers ($21.30) and an air cleaner assembly, valley pan, hardware and end tabs for $21.65. I'm all about saving money any chance I can and passing those savings on to customers tickles me pink!!!

-
Back