69 Dart GT Conv. 340-6pak

-
Been doin ok Martin, thanks. NC is a long trek from PA my friend. If ya were closer, I'd be there. Carlisle, for sure. I'll definitely have my sunglasses on at Carlisle, especially if the sun is out. Those colors are outrageous, but awesome!!!!

I appreciate it Mark. I hope I don't jinx this build, but I really want to make Carlisle this year. I would have to say, it's my favorite Mopar show of all.

Garage is done. But just been busy. I have to get in there and start motivating. At least I have your project to see some progress. Ha.

Thanks Mike,
Anything I can help you with on your Dart?

Hey... you said my Dart is NEXT! lol
Lookin good Martin- cant wait to see that beauty.

BTW- that "vacation" to sunny South Florida is still waitin for ya (now that you've got the vert restoration down to a science...).
Good speaking with you over the weekend. Doug

Martin it is looking good I've been trying to get my dash all done in my Demon .I think it is almost done . I started the engine the other day to check the heater and found that my control cable in backwards so I had to tack the heater control head out and move the control cable over to the other side of the controller now it work proper . I have had moving on its own power I had a lot of problems with break leaks . I though I had them a fixed but I saw a fluid on the floor below one of my front brakes . Harold

Well as most of you know, I have been off the grid for a couple of months now working with my son and his school band with competitions, concerts and such. So anyway, I finally got all the interior panels, headrests, seatbelt covers, etc., dyed and green applied to the rear vert panels. I followed DA69RT GT (thanks Doug)'s lead with the idea of adding body color to the top of the rear vert panels. I also added green to the bottom to kinda flow with the lower green on the inside of the doors. They came out great! Hopefully a day or so after Christmas, I can get back to the shop for some much needed therapy with just me and my Dart. Wish me luck.....

Are these front and rear kick panels for the 69 vert reproduced?

Are these front and rear kick panels for the 69 vert reproduced?

Yes, the front kick panels came from year one although there are lots of others selling them. The rear vert panels came from Laysons, and they do not come with the stainless trim, ash trays, or interior lights.

Thanks Mike,
Anything I can help you with on your Dart?

Yes, you can come up here, give me a good swift kick in the pants to get me jump started. Seems like there is always something else to do or just plain talk myself out of Going out and doing anything.

Martin,

Are those new bezels you purchased or did you have the originals rechromed or polished? I was able to come across a couple of the bezels, but I couldn't find new replacements for all of them.

Carl

Well the stars are finally aligned once more and the dash is complete. Seems like a millennium ago I started assembling the dash frame and one issue after another kept slowing me down. I finished the glove box door today and now its ready to be installed in the car. The glove box with no slip liner, that I made, fit like a glove (no pun intended). My plan is to have a couple of motor heads come over next Saturday and muscle it in place while I'm under the dash guiding cables, wires and putting the retaining bolts in, on top. I had my Ace mechanic "Andrew" hold the dash up for photo's.

Yes, the front kick panels came from year one although there are lots of others selling them. The rear vert panels came from Laysons, and they do not come with the stainless trim, ash trays, or interior lights.

Can you provide a link for the Layson parts? Having a hard time navigating their site. Thanks.

Martin,

Are those new bezels you purchased or did you have the originals rechromed or polished? I was able to come across a couple of the bezels, but I couldn't find new replacements for all of them.

Carl

Hey Carl,
The dash bezels are all new repo's. They came from AB&E. I bought them in a set of three. By the time I found a good set of cores, had them plated, then painted them, with my time added in, I was better off shelling out for the repo's. If I can help let me know
Martin

Can you provide a link for the Layson parts? Having a hard time navigating their site. Thanks.

I fully agree, their website is not very user freindly, but the vert panels are in there. If you still have a problem finding them, drop me a pm and I'll send you the link I used.

Hey Martin! I don't know how I missed this build thread of yours, but the car looks great! It sure has come a long ways since I was at your place to pick up that crankshaft. Your attention to detail is incredible.

Hey Martin! I don't know how I missed this build thread of yours, but the car looks great! It sure has come a long ways since I was at your place to pick up that crankshaft. Your attention to detail is incredible.

Hey Aaron,
Man its been a while. I guess the crankshaft worked out for you. Glad to see it. Yea, the vert has been thru quite a journey. It's come a long way since you saw it last. Next time your down this way, stop in. I hope to have it on the road this summer. Good to hear from you,
Martin

Hey Carl,
The dash bezels are all new repo's. They came from AB&E. I bought them in a set of three. By the time I found a good set of cores, had them plated, then painted them, with my time added in, I was better off shelling out for the repo's. If I can help let me know
Martin

I couldn't find AB&E when I googled it. Did you mean BE&A? Of course, I couldn't find those bezels on that site either. Would appreciate it if you could send me a link. Thanks.

I couldn't find AB&E when I googled it. Did you mean BE&A? Of course, I couldn't find those bezels on that site either. Would appreciate it if you could send me a link. Thanks.

Your right it was be&a. I'll pm the link to you when I get home.

Had a couple of motor head friends of mine over today and we put the dash in. Finally, time to worry about something else....

View attachment 1714793304

IMG_0169.JPG

IMG_0173.JPG

Hey Aaron,
Man its been a while. I guess the crankshaft worked out for you. Glad to see it. Yea, the vert has been thru quite a journey. It's come a long way since you saw it last. Next time your down this way, stop in. I hope to have it on the road this summer. Good to hear from you,
Martin
Yes, the crank has worked out great. I've actually got the engine back out of our car right now. Just doing some cleanup and getting the heads ported (not touching the short block). I will definately look you up if im down that way again.

-
Back