'69 Valiant 2DR Project

-
I made some fuel rail hold downs and got one half of the intercooler piping done. Still waiting on a replacement ECU. The first one sent by Holley was apparently lost sometime at the end of September and now they are out of stock so we'll see when I finally get one.

YeuUgPm.jpg

z1u52Oz.jpg

QgA9aTt.jpg

Coming along! I'm assuming the lower valance will hide all that "turbo junk"? lol

i find a bit of satin black will make that sort of thing almost disappear at a glance.
neil.

That's actually a great idea, I honestly didn't even consider painting it. I'll be putting that on the list. Might even do the end tanks too.

I didn't know about your build but I'm glad I found it. Dude this is a killer build thread, very detailed and I'm impressed with your skills.
Very nice.

I didn't know about your build but I'm glad I found it. Dude this is a killer build thread, very detailed and I'm impressed with your skills.
Very nice.

Thanks man, I'm digging your build thread as well. Killer job on the cage! I'm definitely using it as inspiration when I do mine.

Thanks man, I'm digging your build thread as well. Killer job on the cage! I'm definitely using it as inspiration when I do mine.
Great, I'm glad to hear that.
Keep that thread cooking, that's one of my favorite cars too.

Ran out of time before work but I started on the driver side of the intercooler piping.

KGW41Wa.jpg

ehR26Kn.jpg

GOX7FUq.jpg

Intake piping is done. New ECU arrived today. All I need to do is put the trans back in, oil pan gasket, intake gasket, add fluids, and fire it up.

Fought with the oil pan gasket for 3 hours today. It’ll probably leak but at this point idgaf. The paint on the pan didn’t stick at all either which is annoying. I need to make two new 10AN oil hoses and then I can put oil in it. Still need to do intake gaskets but I’m hoping that will go more smooth than the oil pan.

Getting closer.

Not sure why I’m not getting alerts to your build but I’m caught up now. Nice progress! You are going to video fire up and post it for us right?

Fought with the trans for a few hours yesterday but I finally got it bolted up. So that's off the list. I'm going to pull the intake manifold off and find TDC Thursday. I never marked it on the balancer and I have to get the cam sync sensor installed properly; I think Holley asks for it to be 90* BTDC.

I'm getting pretty good at pulling and installing the trans. Pulled the trans yesterday and took out the 4k stall converter. Today I put the 3200 stall converter in and bolted the trans back up. I spun the motor over on the starter before I left for work. Spins great but the starter gear is getting hung up and doesn't retract.

I'm getting pretty good at pulling and installing the trans. Pulled the trans yesterday and took out the 4k stall converter. Today I put the 3200 stall converter in and bolted the trans back up. I spun the motor over on the starter before I left for work. Spins great but the starter gear is getting hung up and doesn't retract.
Does a lower stall help build boost earlier?
I'm turbo dumb lol

Does a lower stall help build boost earlier?
I'm turbo dumb lol
I honestly don't know really. I just don't think 4k stall on a stock cam will work that great. I'll save that when I put my ported speedmasters and a cam in it.

-
Back