70 dart 470 ci drag car build.

-
Looking good! Now you know why the s60 with side adjusters is so darn popular. I have a case spreader which helps, yet it is still a PITA to load the carrier with shims in a stock D60. If you ever see one with a spun race you will be a believer in preload.
Thanks Jeremiah.
Yeah I think there was some form of modification to this one it hasn't needed a spreader but when I got it close I started needing a pry bar to get the carrier in.
I definitely will be buying a s60 someday after I win the lottery lol.

I went outside after work last night and checked my pattern with some Prussian blue this time.
The pinion was just a tad too deep. I ended up taking some shim out behind the pinion and added some to the passenger side of the carrier that also put me in spec with the backlash.
I really must thank @73smallblock thanks dude for helping me dial it in. I sent him a few pictures and asked is it good or not ?
Here's a picture of its final location and now I can assemble it.
I am going to drill and tap a drain plug in the bottom of the housing and relocate my vent, maybe put a vent on each axle tube.

IMG_20240325_201231015.jpg

My boss gave me this gas pedal assembly since I told him I wanted to run a rod instead of my 55 year old cable

IMG_20240325_173209323_HDR.jpg

My boss gave me this gas pedal assembly since I told him I wanted to run a rod instead of my 55 year old cable

View attachment 1716227162

I am a staunch opponent of solid links between the gas pedal and the carb.

I lost two engines because the local ASScar rules said they had to run a rod instead of a cable.

Both cars tagged the front corner hard enough that the engine shifted. Then the rod, which can’t flex much pulled the throttle open.

The first crashed knocked the driver out cold. I was there. Watching my engine eat itself.

I wasn’t there for the other one but he was more concerned with getting his butt out of the car. He wasn’t smart enough to kill the ignition before he bailed.

I am a staunch opponent of solid links between the gas pedal and the carb.

I lost two engines because the local ASScar rules said they had to run a rod instead of a cable.

Both cars tagged the front corner hard enough that the engine shifted. Then the rod, which can’t flex much pulled the throttle open.

The first crashed knocked the driver out cold. I was there. Watching my engine eat itself.

I wasn’t there for the other one but he was more concerned with getting his butt out of the car. He wasn’t smart enough to kill the ignition before he bailed.
It'll be fine, until all that happens lol

Hopefully my lazy *** will put the d 60 housing and parts in my truck tomorrow.
I'm going to drill and tap a hole on the underside for a drain. Then weld the vent hole and relocate that, at some point when my diff was narrowed they did it by pulling the tubes out and pressed them back in and rewelded.

Hopefully my lazy *** will put the d 60 housing and parts in my truck tomorrow.
I'm going to drill and tap a hole on the underside for a drain. Then weld the vent hole and relocate that, at some point when my diff was narrowed they did it by pulling the tubes out and pressed them back in and rewelded.

My Dana in my black duster almost has a constant leak till I tapped the axle and screwed a vent in it that I got from Summit. What an easy fix to a constant issue.

My Dana in my black duster almost has a constant leak till I tapped the axle and screwed a vent in it that I got from Summit. What an easy fix to a constant issue.
The location of my vent is weird it's butted up against the housing instead of just on the tube.
I will weld a bung or nut on where I put it and install the vent.

I did get my dana in to work, drilled and tapped for 3/8 pipe plug, deburred and chamfered.
Cleaned it in the hot tank and washed all my bearings, shims then torqued my ring bolts with red loctite.

I did get my dana in to work, drilled and tapped for 3/8 pipe plug, deburred and chamfered.
Cleaned it in the hot tank and washed all my bearings, shims then torqued my ring bolts with red loctite.

Hopefully you made the boss some money whilst you were screwing with your own stuff.

Hopefully you made the boss some money whilst you were screwing with your own stuff.
Oh yeah, I got to get under a f350 and drill out a broken exhaust bolt on a 460 head and helicoil it. That was a tremendous amount of fun...and a welcome break from machining all day. I tried welding a nut on and breaking it loose but it didn't work twice. Kevin was happy. I'll see you in the morning

Just a little update, had to see where things are going to be so I had to put stuff together.
Engine trans and differential.
Headers are fit, there was a lot of trimming the midplate so I'll have to beef that up some.
There was a lot of trimming needed for my flex plate shield and the trans blanket is going to be really tight to the headers.
I finished my dana yesterday.
Thanks Tim for your help and glad Colleen could come by too.

IMG_20240331_192705324.jpg

IMG_20240331_192717955.jpg

IMG_20240331_192757004.jpg

IMG_20240331_194807948.jpg

Just a little update, had to see where things are going to be so I had to put stuff together.
Headers are fit, there was a lot of trimming the midplate so I'll have to beef that up some.
There was a lot of trimming needed for my flex plate shield and the trans blanket is going to be really tight to the headers.

View attachment 1716229894

View attachment 1716229895

View attachment 1716229896

View attachment 1716229897

I hope you feed Tim. We wouldn’t want him getting grouchy, again

Lol

Thanks for having us over and letting us play with your awesome doggies. And Shadow. Shadow the shop puddy tat. You can’t be a shop kitty.

Thanks for having us over and letting us play with your awesome doggies. And Shadow. Shadow the shop puddy tat. You can’t be a shop kitty.
Lol, they are awesome at being bad (the wack pack) shadow always wants to have a meeting about what I'm doing (so he can be purring and drooling) he's a good boy, so he gets what he wants.

Heck ya, nice work!!!

-
Back